Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #16  

Hi guys
Only 1 week 6 days until christmas,
how is everyone doing?

My Mil and Fil came over on the weekend, i complain when they do not visit their grandkids, but then they come and i have to get through the visit! they always want KFC for dinner, and did, but i just had a tuna steak and salad, really didn't want to start on the greasy food again, or i probably would end up with a stomach ache. My Mil said to me "no wonder you are so skinny, do you ever eat a hot meal! (because of the salad i made), I felt like saying, well i really like being this skinny, and wouldn't go back to the fat me for anything in the world, and yes i do eat hot food, but i don't consider KFC (killer , fatty, c**p) to be a decent hot meal!.
But meek little me, always polite just said, it was too hot for a hot meal, in summer i always eat more salads!

Must go
time is getting away from me...
Old 12-11-2005, 08:09 PM   #17  

Hello all. It is official, I have met my Christmas goal of 15 pounds lost today! I lost another 2 pounds this week and now I am also officially "overweight" instead of "obese." I guess all that jogging is paying off cuz I know that I have been kind of lax with the diet with all this holiday food around!

Icedragon: I think that you handled your Mil's comments well. I generally can't think of what to say when confronted with a situation like that, so I stew about it for a couple of days thinking of what I should have said. Keep on keepin' on girl, you are doing great!
Old 12-11-2005, 09:09 PM   #18  
Losing for Life!

Sonja, you did great, I hate KFC also, it always looks so good to me but if I eat it I feel like I have taken a bath in oil and then it is off to the B room almost immediately after eating it.

AnVy, Way to go! We are doing so well here!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Tuesday, I just need to lose 2.4 to be at my 10% goal
Old 12-12-2005, 12:10 PM   #19  
Losing for Life!

Well I finally had some time so I got out my tape and did 20 minutes this morning! I was feeling like it was time to stop so I did but I felt very good after my heart rate normalized.

I hope to find the time to do at least 2 more 20 minute sessions this week. I like the effects of working out but it is so hard to find a good tape. I have 1 favorite and when I put it in this morning it was not working, so I ran right down to the computer to get it from ebay. I hope it comes fast as I know I will try to do more if I have a tape I like.

Does anyone know of anyone other than Richard Simmons who uses overweight people in their videos? I have a hard time working out to tapes where everyone is perfect and looks amazing.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:14 AM   #20  
Cynical RedHead

Hi everyone! I made it through my firm's christmas party, and my niece's 13th birthday party, and I lost one pound!

I don't know if I will lose another 4 by Channukah or not, but i am still trying

Sheri - I know that the Crunch pilates dvd I use has a couple of people that, while not as overweight as the ladies in the R. Simmons videos, are definitely not the gym bunnies one usually sees in a workout video.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:35 PM   #21  
Losing for Life!

WI this a.m. and I was a bit dissapointed that I only lost 1.2 pounds this week as I was only 2/10 ths of a pound away from my 10% award. But what the heck I set the goal to be by New Years so it looks like I have to wait another week.

I am happy with the lost, I want to continue to be a loser for a long time to come!
Old 12-14-2005, 11:10 AM   #22  
Cynical RedHead

Only 2/10 of a pound away? They should totally give you the award anyway

I cannot believe how close we are to the end of the year. I hope everyone is doing well and not letting the holidays stress them out too much
Old 12-14-2005, 09:27 PM   #23  

Hi there. The holidays are getting to me! Everyone keeps bringing by all this junk food - choc. chip cookies, fudge (3 kinds), sugar cookies. It's enough to drive a sugar holic like me insane. I gave in yesterday but today I am going strong and, at the very least, I am keeping up on my exercise so I am hoping to maintain my weight through Christmas and then start losing again after all these well meaning people with their junk food go away. I hope everyone else is doing better than I am.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:55 AM   #24  

Really went hard with the weight session today, and feel great, i am really motivated at the moment!

Doing well food wise (expect for an extra box of rice crackers that i couldn't stop eating yesterday!) alas the hard weights would have burned it off.

Anvy i am trying to hold off the start of the christmas cheer a little! because of all the extra enticing food, i have 2 big boxes of all my christmas "treats" that will come out no earlier than christmas eve! and then after christmas i will give what is left out to family! (my family loves food, especially if it is free!) i am allowing myself some food freedom on christmas day and new years eve ONLY! (and that is hoping i can control myself)
I don't want to lose the momentum i have gained over the last 2 months, just to eat all the junk at christmas, and then not be able to stop.

Sheri -Occaionally you will see slightly bigger(maybe middle range overweight, not obese) people in billy blanks tae bo, and it makes me think, if they are game to do it for a dvd, surely i could at least be able to do it in my own home.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:22 AM   #25  
Cynical RedHead

Grr. What shows up on our doorstep this morning? A Harry & David gift basket from my SIL and her family. I mean, it is a nice gesture, but now I have to actively avoid all the yummy things that are in it.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Haven't been around for a while. A cold tried to catch me. It's not full-blown but I can feel the effects.

I'm hoping to do a workout this evening but time will tell. Haven't really been eating so food is not a issue.

I'm glad all the holiday parties are over with. I went to two Christmas parties last weekend. The food was soooo good. LOL But I'm back on track now.

Hope all is well with everyone.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:48 PM   #27  

Hey guys! One pound below.. so happy.. haha.

Blessings to you all this season.. have some very happy holidays..

-M
Old 12-16-2005, 09:18 AM   #28  
Cynical RedHead

All right, Peppahmint! You are going to be smokin' hot on your cruise next month!
Old 12-19-2005, 10:32 AM   #29  
Cynical RedHead

Happy Monday! It's the home stretch before Christmas I hope everyone had a good weekend. I ate a little too much Not an excessive amount, but not very healthy either. I know I didn't gain any weight, but we will see tomorrow if I managed to loose another pound (Saturday morning I thought I was good for it, this morning I am not sure.) Fortunately, tomorrow is my weigh-in, so if I eat sensibly today, work out, and drink my water, I might still be able to pull it off.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:43 AM   #30  
Losing for Life!

Yes here we are in the final days, I have to weigh in on Wednesday instead of Tuesday this week as I have an appointment for Tuesday. Darn I so look forward to getting in there and getting the number. Hopefully I will have lost the last 2/10ths and get my 10%!

I will get everyone totaled for friday so don't forget to post it all I am sure we have done well!

Good Luck!
Closed Thread