Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 02:02 AM   #1  

Red face What have I Become.....

Hey Everyone, Im new, the whole reason for me being on this website is because I need help some very serious help... I had a baby 9 months ago gave birth at 205 lbs. in one month I was down to 140 lbs. However in the last nine months I have plummeted to a whopping 185 lbs and im not pregnant I dont know why but lately a normal meal just does not get me full, I find myself nit picking at my baby's food or making late night runs to get an ice cream shake. Im never satisfied and that scares me, I would like to start a diet I just dont know where to begin thats where you guys come in any suggestions would help
Old 12-18-2005, 09:41 PM   #2  
Fig

Wink

I understand how you feel. I've never had a baby, but I know the feeling of "having to eat" and never having enough. It sounds like emotional eating, and that's understandable. Are you drinking enough water? (probably not, right?) When you want to nibble, drink a glass of water! Have several small meals throughout the day instead of the 3 squares. Include healthy snacks (a piece of fruit, low or non fat yoghurt, some raw veggies...). Get some exercise. Walking is great. Bundle up baby in the stroller and go out for a good walk. It will lift your spirits and help burn calories. Watch your portion sizes. Concentrate on healthy choices--lean meats (chickenand turkey breast, fish) green leafy vegetables, squash, fruit (apples, berries, melon), low fat milk and cheese. You can do this!! I'll be glad to help you all I can and all you want. Email me if you want to. We're in this together. Hugs, Marion
**************** Removed email address. Please use PM feature instead to exchange emails.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:03 PM   #3  

Default Hey....Chin up!

I can totally relate to you, I had my son two years ago and I am still working on taking off the weight. It takes a while for your body to adjust to not having to eat for two, and your hormones for that matter. I would suggest that you go and see your family doctor just to make sure there is nothing else going on such as a hormone imbalance, or thyroid problems. If you are breast feeding it can cause you to be hungrier as well because more nutrients are being depleted from your body and given to the baby via milk. Keep your chin up I am 2 years after prego and still trying to get off the baby weight. It takes time just be patient. There are a lot of diets out there that are great. I belong to WW and love it you may want to give it a try! Hope this helped!
Old 12-21-2005, 10:39 PM   #4  

WOW...been there, done that. I remember when I decided to diet/watch my portions. I had a hard time tying my shoes, sitting, standing long periods of time...etc. Just bending over KILLED me! I could hardly breathe! So I limited my portions to 1 cup. EXAMPLE: 1 cup spaghetti (with sauce) with 2 large meatballs, 1/3 cup veggie, 1 roll, no margarine/butter, 1- 8 oz. glass of milk; white or chocolate. Dessert was usually fruit like 1 large banana w/ 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt.

That was a typical meal for me. I never ate after 7pm! Number 1 rule with me.

I now eat about the same but with more veggies/fruit and added more water to my daily intake. I also exercise 5 days a week for 45 minutes each day. I have been feeling GREAT!! I can't wait to weigh in on Friday!!!

I hope you find the motivation here like I have. I don't know what I would do If I didn't find this place.

emerald dragonfly
Closed Thread