Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 08:18 PM   #1  
lynn

Default New!!!

Hello all! My name is Linsey and i'm 20 years old...i've been battling with being over weight for a long while now. I am a major Food Junkie....anything unhealthy is my favorite...I have hard time eating veggies...but i've got to start making myself eat healthier! I've finally decided that I realize I am the only person who can change that and i'm wanting to get it done! My mother is overweight as well so i'm hoping if she sees me working hard at it and havingresults that I can have a positive influence on her as well. So i'm needing to lose 55 pounds so hopefully I can do it with a little help and encouragement!!!!! Any starting places anyone would suggest? Thanks!!!
Lynn
Old 12-11-2005, 08:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Lynn! This is a wonderful place and has tons of support. Eating Veggies is super hard for me too. Im getting better at it though. Im on WW and exercising. What plan do you have in mind?
Old 12-11-2005, 08:31 PM   #3  
lynn

Starting today I have began walking. I plan on going to walmart tonight andl ooking at the possible cardiovascular type workouts and see which one would seem best. Then I plan on cutting out all the fast food which is hard because where I work we do not have a set lunch time when we can leave one of us just goes andpicks up whatever is quickest so...i plan on just taking my lunch and telling them sorry! lol I just know I have to do this now before I let it get any worse...lately I can pack on the pounds so quickly it's scary...the more I think a bout it though the more I seem to gain!! I hope I can do this though! Especially to give my mom some encouragement ya know? Any suggestions on excercise videos??
Old 12-11-2005, 08:34 PM   #4  
MakingChanges...

Lynn ! You have come to the right place! You will find lots of support and info on this board. .. I admire your concern for your Mother's health as well. My Mother and I are making a "joint" effort to lose weight as well. She lives in another state, but we make daily goals for us (ie. exercising for 10 mins, etc) and then keep track of each other's progress via phone calls, emails. It has brought us alot closer, although we were already close to begin with .. but it's been fun and alot less like "dieting"! lol .. I would suggest that you pick a "strategy" on how you want to lose your weight ... I hate to say pick a "diet" but more or less, that's what it is. For me, it helps to choose how I want to lose the weight so that I can stay focused. But you are not limited only to "fad" diets or the most popular diets .. decide for yourself what is best for you. For example, I was successful at one time on the "choose to lose" program, losing 45lbs .. I was also successful at the "atkins" diet, losing 62 lbs .. but both are hard for me to stick with for the length of time I needed to lose all my weight and eventually I gained it back x 10 .. So, this time I have made a decision to combine both theories of portion control, where I actually measure my food intake, and eating "low carbs" rather than cutting out carbs altogether. What ever you choose to do has to make sense for you and your lifestyle. But it is a necessary evil .. in order to keep your focus on your weight loss goals . even if its a decision to not follow any particular diet at all and simply eat what you want, but watch control your portions .. that is still a conscious decision you need to make in order to reach your goals! So Good Luck and We are all here for you!
Old 12-11-2005, 08:44 PM   #5  
MakingChanges...

Cutting out Fast Food was the best thing that I ever decided to do! I ate everyday and now I know why they call it "SuperSize Me" cuz that's exactly what it did ! I honestly had a tough time breaking that habit, lol .. but now, I pack my lunches everyday and feel so much better that Im not cloggin my arteries with that junk!

I have tried several different exercise tapes, but my fav ones I have to admit are the Richard Simmons tapes. LoL .. I think it's because I like the oldies songs and it's more like dancing than it is really working out! But don't get me wrong, by the end of the tape you are Definately "feeling" like you just worked out .. Let us know what you chose and if you liked it or not. I'm always open for new workout ideas.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #6  
lynn

lol that is funny you said that about the richard simmons. my mother use to have one called sweatin to the oldies I believe and I always did it that was before i really had the weight issue...i loved it though....i need to find some of his workouts because they are fun! I have a silly question how do you get the weight loss goal thingy to show up that is at the bottom of your messages...dumb question i know! Mcdonalds is one of my favorites! I know that I will feel loads better cutting that out. But that is really what i'm planning on doing cutting that out and starting off i'm going to do exercises about 4 times a week at first.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:10 PM   #7  
MakingChanges...

"Sweatin to the Oldies" is my FAV !!! LOL .. but it IS FUN !!

You go to the UserCP option at the top left corner of the message board and click the "edit signature" link on the left .. then at the top it will give you a link on how to add the bar .. let me know if you have any problems, ill try to walk you through it . but its pretty simple ..

Last edited by Rayne33; 12-11-2005 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:30 PM   #8  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Hey Lynn Welcome to the forums!! Cutting out the fast food would be a huge step in the right direction!! The fast food wasn't my horrible thing.. it was soda!! :P I virtually NEVER drank ANY water.. but now that's all I drink and it's left me feeling 100% better So I imagine not eating the fast food would have the same affect on you

Exercise videos.. you really have to test them out and find which is best for you I've found that TaeBo Bootcamp series is my favorite exercise But isn't so for other people. You could see if your library rents them out or the nearest video rental place and test the different exercise videos there

If you stick on these forums you'll be able to get the support and motivation that you need to be successful in your life change Good luck with it!
Old 12-12-2005, 12:22 AM   #9  

Red face

Hi there

I also eat fast food a lot, and one of the reasons I never tried to lose weight sooner is because I thought I had to cut it out entirely. My friend told me to try Weight Watchers and so far it's working great. I can still eat a lot of the foods I always loved just in moderation, and I just have to make sure the rest of the day I eat healty. Since some of the points can be moved around it makes it even easier, if you want to eat something really bad, or it's like Thanksgiving, just eat healthy the rest of the week so you can eat more that day.

I try to plan my meals out as far in advance as possible and then I can figure out if I can have any snack type things and I just bring them with me like the 100 calorie packs, or the fun size candies, which arent that bad.

I'm sure if you work at it you will do fine

GLUCK!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:21 AM   #10  
lynn

Alright Everyone First day starting! Soda is also a major problem with me so I decided at first i'm going to cut down to 2 a day and drink as much water as possible. The fast food is getting cut out today! Thanks for all the encouragement so far!!! Off to work I go! We have snacks and things at work (unhealthy of course) so I have to be strong and not touch them lol. Talk to everyone later!!! Thanks!
Lynn

Old 12-12-2005, 01:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

I would love to find a Richard Simmons video. Taebo is another great work out video. Both leave you feeling like you really worked out but both are fun! Good luck.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 562.3/404/195

Height: 6'3"

Default New to the forum

Wanted to say hello to everyone. The site looks great. Can't want to meet some folks and chat about fitness and weight loss.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:56 PM   #13  

Hi im 24 and im new too...one of the best steps to take first is to cut out soda intake...trust me after a couple of days you'll feel healthier.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:29 PM   #14  
lynn

Hello Everyone!!!! First day started out okay. Everyone at work looked at me really funny when I said no I brought my lunch no thanks. They were like lol I was like i'm sick of greasy food and yes i'm going on a diet right at christmas! They all tried to talk me out of it I was like NO!!! lol anyways bye for now!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread