Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 11:30 PM   #1  

Exclamation can someone explain the buddy system?

i'm new here and ive been reading alot about the buddy system, and i was just wondering exactly what it is ... i'm looking to lose between 40 and 50 pounds relatively quickly, but still healthy. anyone wanna help me out, give me some pointers. anyone out there lose this much weight in minimal time.... if so, let me know what you did! i'm 23 and 205......HELP!
Old 12-06-2005, 11:57 PM   #2  

Hi there. You asked for anyone who has lost the amount of weight you want to lose in minimal time and here I am. When I was 21 I weighed 212 and I got down to 150 in about 6 months through an extremely calorie restricted diet and some manic exercise. As you can tell by my weight loss ticker, I gained the weight back (I did keep it off 3 years - until I got pregnant). This time around, I am a little older (27) and I started off at a higher weight than last time (223) and I have learned that I am making a lifestyle change and not going on a diet. I haven't restricted my calories as much this time as I did last time and I don't have 2 hours a day to exercise like last time so I am trying to keep as active as possible during the day with my hour or so set aside each day for real exercise. I don't know how long it's going to take me to lose this weight but I think I've been doing well so far (lost 26 pounds in 2 months) and I think I'm doing it better this time around.

I have found that this forum has been really helpful for finding support when I am down, for getting advice from people who have "been there" and for a great cheering section when I am doing well. Welcome to 3FC, I'm sure you will find the support you need here and if you ever need someone to talk to you can PM me. Best of luck to you.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Why fast? Long term weight loss is built on lifestyle and habit change over a long period. No one can keep up an restricted calorie, fad diet and manic excersize regime for too long. As AnVy1221 said She thinks she is doing it better this time around.

This is what this buddy system is about, to give each other candid advice and support. I love it. I check in everyday.

Amanda
Closed Thread