Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 10:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 326/326/164

Height: 5'11"

Default New here, Hello!

I posted this in 20 somethings but wanted to say hi here as well....

Hi there. First I thought I posted this before earlier today but I can't find it now so if I did and you are reading this again I am sorry. My name is Sharon, I am 29 years old, and I live in WV. I just happened across this site today and I am so glad I did!
I am EXTREMELY overweight as you can see by my tracker. Here is a bit about my history. At my senior prom I weighed 164 (I am 6'0") so that isn't too bad. My prom dress was a size 10. I want to be there again. I have 2 children (8 and 4). I gained over 100lbs with my first pregnancy, I took eating for 2 to a whole new level. It took me a little over 2 years to loose it, not even all of it just about 1/2 of it. I then got pregnant with my second child. My doctor said he didn't want me gaining anymore that 35 pounds tops. I saw him the day before I delivered and had gained 34.5 so I cut it close. All of that came off quickly. I was in my regular clothes in about 2 weeks. I then had a total hysterectomy 11 months later and am now on Estrogen replacement therapy. My doctor just did a bunch of tests and diagnosed me insulin resistant. I haven't been back to him yet to discuss the game plan on how to manage this, I have just spoken with him by phone, but I have done my research on this. So I am feeling the cards are stacked against me here. I gained 135 after the hyster on hormones and I am miserable. I want to be around for my kids and beable to do the things they want to do and feel better about my self.
Well there is a bit about me. I hope to get to know you all,
Sharon
Old 12-05-2005, 12:02 AM   #2  

Default Hi there

I am relatively new here too- I joined a few days ago. I can empathize with your struggles. I have also had issues with many of my hormones being out of whack and being on medications which I feel has made my weight loss struggle much harder. I have always been a "big girl" but I used to be just a bit overweight...now my doctor considers me "obese." If there is anything I can do to help/support you, let me know!

Best of luck!

-Vanessa
Old 12-05-2005, 12:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 326/326/164

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Vanessa. It is definately a struggle. Estrogen is not my friend these days. I have never been this heavy. Even after I gained my weight with my oldest daughter I only weighed about 270, which is still alot but nothing close to what I am now! The stress!!!!!!!!!!! lol Good luck to you.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:57 AM   #4  

Default Hello Sharon

Hi there - I am new too - just joined tonight. You are not alone in having some hurdles to go over. I suspect I am insulin resistant. Also, one or two of the meds I take for bi-polar cause weight gain. I gained over 100 lbs about 6 years ago. I have been "trying" ever since! It is overwhelming - but I have to do something so I feel better. I am 49 and divorced and back in school for a bachelors in Social Work. I will see you around - Sherri
Closed Thread