Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 03:53 PM   #1  

Red face charlotte..just signed up

hi everybody well i'm new here i'm 24 yrs. old and after having my beautiful baby girl last yr. i havent been able to get back to my ideal weight not because of baby fat but more because i eat like a pig!. i'm just so hungry all the time.. i'm still nursing my baby so ?maybe its because of it. but i'm not sure, i just hate how i look so today im starting a diet.. i'm not sure how much i weigh cause i havent weight myself on a scale. i will hopefully soon, i have to buy a scale so i can keep track of my succes or lack of.. i will post again with my details.....
hopefully i can become buddys with someone here.... well happy ill be happy to meet anybody... and get some help.. charlotte
Old 11-26-2005, 04:57 PM   #2  
Exercise Queen

Having a baby definetly changes your body! Have you decided what kind of eating plan you want to follow? Since you are still nursing you will need to be careful to make sure you are getting enough calories to support that.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:23 AM   #3  

i have no idea where to begin i guess first of all i just need to stop eating so much..i know there has to be something wrong with me because its not normal the way i eat. for example between last night and this morning i almost finish a whole bag of cookies on my own like a big box .. i read the labels on it .it said 16 servings. so i know i'm totally overeating... but i cant stop myself .. it just messes with my head until i finally go eat it all up and then i feel horrible.... uuuuuuhhhh so see i just need to control so i can begun to try to do something.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:26 AM   #4  

Old 11-27-2005, 08:41 AM   #5  

Hey Charlotte! I am new here too I wanted to tell you what the doctor told me about my over eating issue and pregnancy/breast feeding. Just some "food" for thought. When I was pregnant with my son ( almost 3 now) I think a part of me thought it was okay to really eat for two. So not did I have a baby growing inside me but my stomach was growing as well. When you eat past the point of fullness and onto being stuffed and sick then your stomache expands. It will continue to stretch and stretch the more you do this. Then it will take longer for you to reach that point of feeling full, so you eat more. I breast fed for a year after my pregnancy and still felt the need to eat for two. Though I was a little more causious now because I wasn't pregnant, but I still did not eat healthy. Finally I realized I really needed to lose weight. I had always been 125 and I got up to 253 when I had my son. I didn't even recgonize myself in the pictures of me holding my newborn. I hate I did that to myself. At first you have to work on shrinking your stomach muscles back down. I don't know if there are other ways to do it. But I just REALLY cut back and dealt with the fact that even after I ate my stomach still growled. After a while I would be full after eating my small portions meal. Now I also realize just how much I was overeating!!! That is scary to not realize it when you are doing it. I have also managed to cut out all regular soft drinks. And I have done that now for 2 years. I don't think I will ever be able to drink regular soft drinks again, not that I want too. But that is one life change I am really proud of. I don't like all diet drinks. But I love diet pepsi, diet ginger ale, diet dr. pepper, and diet sprite. And I have also learned to love water!!! Which is a huge change for me. Anyways, that was my 2 cents on it. Just realize that you have taken the first step already by realizing that you are overeating and want to lose weight. I am sure you will find lots of support here. We are all here for the same reason
Closed Thread