Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 09:40 PM   #1  

Default Talk about setbacks!

I'm new. I'm sure you've figured that out by now. OK so after three months of putting off dealing with my weight I now have the mindset to lose it---and I KNOW I will....

however.....
when I'm ready I'm ready. Especially now because I am more overweight than I have ever been in my life. I'm in the danger zone for a lot of health problems that I have avoided so far.

So I decide (two weeks ago) to start small by walking. But if I don't start, I don't do anything. My Sunday was ruined due to an altercation with a "well meaning" house mate and I never exercised that day. Cool. At least I ate right that week. I had breakfast every morning (oatmeal, toast, eggs juice) stayed away from extra calories through snacking and what not.

So now here is another Sunday and I planned to be ready to go but...

I got sick. Real sick. Sicker than I have been in years. IN fact it is now going on Wednesday (at this point it IS Wednesday!) and I'm just now recovering from being bedridden since Saturday......

I will not give up! I will lose this weight. I promise, there is nothing that has stopped me so far that I have not tried in my power to overcome. I will begin again.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:26 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Welcome to 3FC, Yenesh. Glad you're feeling better. Now that you are, what is your plan for success? You said you want to start by walking, and that's good, if approved by your doctor. Having an eating plan that you can live with and still lose weight should probably be next on your list. Then make sure you keep coming to 3FC for support. As one of my buddies has listed in her signature, "If you're ready to do this, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse." How true! Good luck, Yenesh.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:28 PM   #3  

Quote:
"If you're ready to do this, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse." How true! Good luck, Yenesh.
This is so true! Thanks for replying to my post. It was mainly a vent! This is my first time having to seriously lose more than 10 lbs and I'm just not used to the process!

It used to be so easy for me to maintain and lose a few if I needed but now that I am "ahem" older those methods have to change. I'm ready and I will find a way. I think my biggest challenge is not falling into a rut. I'm a new graduate new on my job and I still don't have a permanent place to live yet. I find that all of these things have the potential to distract me from my weight loss goal.

For instance the first sunday I decided to start walking, I also needed to cook food for the week. I get too busy during the week so its easy to fall into the fast food trap. However, my big cooking plans got a big interrupt. I ended up cooking the entire day and didn't have time to exercise (i have to get up super early in the morning for work.

Any way...that quote made me think. How bad do I really want this? I just have to push harder than I have had to in the past.
Closed Thread