Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 11:52 AM   #1  
Kathy

Smile Woman on a mission! Help!!!

Hi everyone! I am new to this so forgive me if I seem a little scatter brained. I am a newly married mother of 3 and my new hubby and I want to have a baby. The problem.... I have gained so much weight in the last year and before we can start trying to have a baby I have to loose 100lbs......... UGH!!! I am up to 270 now and I really need a strong support system. So here I am! I just started Weight Watchers and so far so good. I want to be able to start trying to have a baby within a year. Am I crazy? Maybe. (My other kids are 21,17 & 14). So if any of you have been able to do this or are trying like me..... Let me know, I need all the help I can get. I want this baby so bad! God Bless you all!

Last edited by KathyLynn; 10-19-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:58 PM   #2  
One day at a time

WOW KathyLynn.. can I just say I know how you feel! I am going to send you a private message right now!
Old 10-19-2005, 04:05 PM   #3  

Hi honey, I just want you to know that I am a new mother of a beautiful baby girl who is 4 months old and I was about your weight now when I became pregnant ...eeek!

Thankfully, it was a completely healthy pregnancy, I had no problems...no high blood pressure, no gestational diabetes,nothing. I even gained about 40lbs whilst pregnant, so you do the math!

I am not encouraging you to become pregnant just because my pregnancy was flawless...it makes A LOT of sense to want to become a lot healthier before concieving, and if/when we choose to have another child, I am hoping to be much more in shape (part of why I am losing now)....

I just wanted to put that out there. It is possible to be overweight, even significantly, and have a perfectly normal, healthy pregnancy and birth. I even had our baby at home, with a midwife...no drugs, no special machines, nothing!

Again, I don't want people to think I am saying it is perfectly wonderful to be significantly overweight and concieve, because some women do have problems... I am just telling you my story. A woman's body is a magical thing, and don't think that hope is lost just because you are overweight. I think it would be perfectly fine to concieve at 200 if you are very healthy during pregnancy and only gain 30-35 lbs...which is very do-able in a year's time. Again, I was about your weight (or higher even!) when I became pregnant...she was 2 weeks overdue and perfecly healthy too!

Don't give up hope! Congrats on your new marriage, on your new journey in a healthier lifestyle, and on your desire to concieve, and be healthier when you do!
Old 10-19-2005, 04:13 PM   #4  
Kathy

Thank you so much! We are so excited about the prospects of having a baby. I miscarried last Aug. and since then it has been really hard to think of doing this again, but with the grace of God we will. Thank you so much for your support!
Closed Thread