Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 09:59 AM   #1  

Cool Almost 30! Need a buddy to be accountable!

Hi everyone!
I am 29 years old (30 in December) and I NEED to lose weight. Everyone around me tells me I am NOT fat...at 232.6 pounds, I would say I am overweight. I am tall (5"10) so I hide it well I guess...we have lifesize mirrors in our bathrooms here at work and I hate to look in them. Sometimes I actually think I look pretty good....THEN I see pictures of myself and think, I ACTUALLY thought I looked thin that day. Anyway, I have an "accountability" partner at work, but I went to her desk the other day and she was eating a big huge fat donut. I lost hope. I used that as an excuse to pig out all weekend...not fully pig out, but I ate foods I was not supposed to be eating. I started Lindora again 3 weeks ago and have lost 7 pounds...Lindora is the ONLY thing that will work for me. I am on a budget so I can't join WW - I think I would probably loose a lot..but I KNOW what do to. I know how to eat and I know I need to work out a little. I have a membership at 24 hour fitness but I never go. I am really intimidated. Was thinking about joining Curves because it's all women...and I think they keep track of your progress. I just need to be accountable to someone. I am a born again Christian and I want to be a good testimony! Ok sorry rambling...a little about myself, please let me know if you want to be my buddy!

Hispanic, 29 years old, 5"10, 2 daughters (almost 9 year old and almost 1 year old in November) - I have high blood pressure, diabetes run in my family, I have PCOS (problems conceiving 2nd child-thus the HUGE gap in age)...I can eat well if motivated, I know what to eat, maybe someone to share recipes with, I have a great Low-Fat, low carb chiles rellenos recipe!, and an exercise motivator! Hope I didn't scare any buddies away!
Old 10-19-2005, 12:01 PM   #2  
Want the old me back

S/C/G: 190/182/160

Height: 5 7"

If you need a buddy, I would be more than happy to join your weight loss efforts. I was reading your post and you sound so similar to myself, that I believe we can be very successfull. I understand your statement "I NEED to lose weight"; because I am in the same boat. Like you the idea of spending $15 a week on WW is not realistic at the moment; though I have done WW in the past and been very successfull I would love to go back. I try to follow the points system at home, but feel I need to go and weigh in for it to work. It sounds silly I know, but for some reason that is the only way it works for me. Have you tried TOPS? They are only $2.00 a week or something and it gives you a place to go and talk to women in the same situation and of course weigh in and see your progress. I was going and it was working, but I quit when I became pregant.

So I will tell you a bit about myself. I am 31 and also have 2 children about the same ages as yours. My daughter is 9 and my son is 7 months. Like you the gap in their ages is due to problems conceiving and it took 6 rounds of Clomid to finally get pregnant. I was on bedrest for the last 20 weeks of my pregnancy, hence the weight gain. I am currently at 196lbs and would LOVE to be at 155lbs (the same size I was on my wedding day). I am 5'8" so 155 will bring me to a size 8/10; and for me that is perfect.

We need to challenge ourselves, weigh in regularly and be honest with ourselves. We must get moving, even if it means taking the little one for a nice long walk daily.

What do you think....have I made the cut to be a buddy

Old 10-19-2005, 12:59 PM   #3  

Default Can I join in too?

Hi ladies!

I was reading your postings, and you both sound relatively similar to me, weight loss wise, anyway. I'm 31, and I have one son who is 2 1/2. I haven't even thought about a 2nd one yet, because I had all kinds of trouble with my first pregnancy (bed rest included) because I was overweight. I'm currently weighing in at 148, but I'm only 4'11", so needless to say, I don't wear it well! I'm looking to get down to about 115. I'm too broke for WW also, but I've had friends who did it and I've basically got the system down. I know HOW to eat healthy, for me, it's just a matter of doing it, because I love food!

I need a good support system - I've stopped and started so many times that my family and friends locally have about given up on me. For my son's (and my future children's) sake, I'm not ready to give up yet.

I hope I pass the test too!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:31 PM   #4  

Red face

I am relieved! Nice to meet ya!! And Thanks for joining me on this quest. I am working on my blog page on www.blogspot.com and I am adding pics and all sorts of stuff. I mostly did this as a diary sort of thing and to see and track my progress.

I was a little clueless but I was able to get it up and running. Now I just need to personalize it. I saw a gals blog and she posted her before and after pics and OH MY SOUL...she looks so much better! I mean she was beautiful before but when you lose weight you can actually see your face structure, your waist! I mean my thing is this, I do not like putting on jeans and a cute top and my fat is hanging off the side. It's uncomfortable too! My husband loves me no matter what but sometimes I think that if he were to tell me to lose weight or that I have gotten a little too much junk in the trunk I would be motivated...but no...he tells me that I am fine the way I am. But he knows I am not healthy and that my self esteem is not where it should be at. Anyways girls, I am gonna work on it tonight and I will send you a private e-mail with the blog address this way I don't get spam or whatever. Talk to you later!
Old 10-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #5  

Well I am totally relieved that I've found some people who "get it". Like I said, I've been on and off so many diets, that I can't convince anyone that I'm serious. My husband loves me as I am also, but he knows that I want to lose weight. He tried encouraging me, he tried calling me on it when I cheated, and I still managed to keep stopping and starting. At this point, he's basically said "I'll love you no matter what you do, but don't tell me about your diet till you're actually DOING something about it".

LOL...I so know what you mean about the jeans. I'd like to be able to even THINK about wearing cute tops. Not a whole lot of choices out there for me at this point - I have no desire to show off my rolls, so I'm stuck in "granny clothes" at the moment. But I do plan to change that!!

Great idea about blogspot. I've got a journal here on 3fatchicks, and I"m thinking about doing blogspot too. Writing has always been a way for me to express things, and maybe seeing it in black and white will help me out.

Anyway - look forward to talking to both of you a lot! Good luck!!
Closed Thread