Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 06:22 PM   #1  

Talking SAHM in desperate need of a buddy

Hi, my names Monique, and i am 21 yo. I am a SAHM to my daughter Taylah. I really need a buddy i can email and talk with while i am trying to loose this weight. If you would like to know anything else about me, just send me a post

Monique
Old 10-14-2005, 11:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default Hello...

Hi Monique - I am also a sahm! I am 28 yo. I have a daughter who is almost three, and my son just turned one! I would also like to have a buddy that I can keep up with! It's so much easier to stay motivated when you have someone to talk too! I have about 40 or so pounds to lose. You can send me a pm if you want to be buddies!

Good luck w/ your goals!!
carafre
Old 10-15-2005, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Hey..Can I jump in on this one and get a buddy too?? LOL. I am a SAHM of 4 little ones..ages 6,5,2, and 3 months. I am 24 and I have lost the same 60-70 pounds about 3 or 4 times...enough already, right?? I am also a birth doula..but I really don't attend many births so I consider myself a sahm.

I have started working out again..boy, am I SORE. It made me realize how *unhealthy* I have become..I need to get a grip on this while my metablolism has a decent chance of helping me lose weight while I exercise, LOL..and before I start having some health problems, etc.

I absolutely refuse to be this sedentary and unfit my next pregnancy.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:00 PM   #4  

Hi,

I'm also a SAHM though I do work all sorts of odd jobs to help make a living...I've got a 4 and a 5 year old. I find it so hard to stay on a diet while always preparing food for the little ones, I tend to nibble alot. I have 15 pounds to lose, and get so frustrated because I can't seem to get them off!! Would love to buddy up!

Hey Snoopysgirl, I'm also a Birth Doula!!! Since my children it is hard also to attend many births and be on call. It's hard when you don't have on call child care. Are you wanting a 5 child?

Shanarain
Old 10-16-2005, 04:21 AM   #5  

Shan, I agree that it is difficult to balance doulaing and mothercraft. My children always come first..but it is difficult to really promote business when I am in the stage of life that I am in..nursing or pregnant..lots of littles. We are open to children as God gives them to us..but generally I get 18 months of LAM so the children are spaced out a bit.

As a sidenote..I have noticed that a LOT of doulas are overweight..maybe it is because we are "nurturers" and in our culture emotional eating is one of the top causes of obesity?? Food for thought.. I noticed that now that I am exercising on a consistant basis, that I am able to not binge/overeat as much..maybe my signals of saity and fullness are regulated when I make healthier choices?

Don't let those 15 pounds become 50..it happens quicker than you think. What do you do for exercise? One of my goals is to build fitness and strength so that as a doula I can be a good example to my clients and also have endurance for those marathon labors, LOL.

Later..
Old 10-16-2005, 08:05 PM   #6  

Snoopygirl,

I like that Mothercraft, yes it is a craft! I would love to have more...if I were younger I would...I'd love to experience pregnancy, birth & nursing one more time...but that is not a reason for me to have another one...I am 40 and I feel very blessed and I am done...ha ha ha...

Great that you are working out consistantly! My goal is to exercise 6 times a week. It usually turns into 3 to 5 times. I like to walk my dogs, do exercise videos with my children or going to the gym for cardo and weights and yoga/pilates. Lately I have gotten out of the habit of exercising and into the habit of munching more...That needs to reverse itself!!

I really want to reach my goal by Christmas!!! I've done it before once!!

Staying at home is great!!! But so hard for losing weight!!!

Shanarain
Old 10-17-2005, 07:42 AM   #7  

Hey Shan,

Yeah..staying home is not-so-great for losing weight sometimes BUT we as moms have to make workinig out a priority..makes it easier if we put it at the TOP of our list instead of as a sidenote, "if we have time sort of thing", LOL ... AS IF we ever have time, right?? As moms, we would tend to find more things that we think need to get done, and meanwhile..we get fatter and more unfit..

Have you set a goal for weight loss by the end of the year? I figure that there are about 10 weeks left until the end of the year..give or take. I think that for me, it is reasonable to lose about 1 pound a week and to not GAIN any during the holiday season, LOL. If I lose more, GREAT, but if I just meet my goal that is progress and better than where I began. I would like to be consistant with my workout routine also. I am going to stick $5 in a jar each week that I am consistant with my workout routine to go towards a massage or something. (Our Y offers massages $40/hour) I have never had a massage..sounds nice..or maybe I will get a pedicure or something..I don't know.. but it gives me something to work towards and I will feel like I "earned" it, ya know? Plus, I will feel better and start to feel better in my skin..I hate feeling like my clothes are too tight, etc. It makes me self conscious.

Good Luck sticking with your weight loss. You sound like you are doing good with staying active.

Later,
Old 10-17-2005, 09:03 PM   #8  

Hi Snoopysgirl,
Thanks for the reminder to put working out as priority!! I tend to fit in in whenever...
Great ideas to reward ourselves!! I'd go for the massage!!! I've had many and they are WONDERFUL!!!
Shanarain
Old 10-17-2005, 11:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Wink

Hi Everyone!Hope you have room for 1 more!I also am a SAHM,also a single mom!(an I say with excitement!!) I do have a casual job,about 8-12 hours a month,but it is mainly to associate with adults,totally different from talking about Max and Ruby and Elmo! I do workout every day,sometimes hard to find the time,but even if I have to do it just before bed,that's what I do!Tomorrow will be 1 week since I started my workouts and limiting my food intake and I have lost 6lbs! My goal is to get to 128lbs and right now I am 146lbs,I know it doesn't sound like much but to me it is!Anyway,I'll be back tomorrow!
Wendy
Old 10-18-2005, 08:47 AM   #10  

Hi Wendy! Good for you for taking off those extra pounds now before they multiply. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Later,
Old 10-18-2005, 04:56 PM   #11  

Hi Wendy,
Your motivation to workout is GREAT!!! 6 lbs in a week, amazing!! Keep it up!
Shana
Old 10-18-2005, 10:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Exclamation

Hi girls! Just a quick note to say thanks for the support! Glad to have buddies like you!! Makes me want to workout again today! Hope you are all well and I will write again tomorrow!

P.S. WE CAN DO THIS !!!!!!
Closed Thread