Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #1  

Default wanting to get going again

Hello, I have been lurking and reading here for awhile. Today is the day I come out of lurkdom and introduce myself. I am 44, a single mom to two kids aged 12 and 4 and attempting to leap off a weight loss plateau.
I have lost about 30 pounds in the past year or so. I started with WW, then continued the plan on my own.
Of late, I keep loosing and gining the same five pounds. If only I could string those loses together....
I need encouragement and support to get this ol' bod moving and to journal every bite. I tend to start the day journaling, then slack off.
Three fat chicks is so inspiring!
Thanks,
mindy
Old 10-14-2005, 03:15 PM   #2  
Woman on a mission

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Hi there, Mindy! My name is Mindy(). I live in Florida with my soon to be 5y/o daughter and SO. This is a great board to be a part of. Everyone is so supportive. Be sure to check out the success stories. I'm on the Atkins, and love it. I've done weight watchers in the past and has worked for me, but I'm taking a different route this time around. If you want a buddy, I'm here. I could use the push as much as I an give it.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:56 AM   #3  

Default more about me

A pleasure to meet you Mindy! Its not often i meet other Mindy's, although it seems to be less of an unusual name now than it was when i was a kid. It looks like you are doing a fantastic job on your plan.
This time round, starting a year or so ago, i decided to lose it and NOT
gain it back. My motto: " I am in charge of my life." I'm doing it, except for those 5 yo yo pounds. but i am doing it soooo slowly, .25 - .5 a week, average. i need to adjust my slidey thingie down 4 pounds, I think. I'm concerned that my metabolism has slowed. yes, excercise will jump start it. do I excercise? rarely. (any input about metabolism will be appreciated)
Do I prepare those gorgeous organic veggies I bought for myself, even though the kids may not eat them? Only sometimes. Am I exploring my self esteem issues? Yes, with a counselor. Oh the joys of personal growth!
ah well, time to hop in the shower and head out into the world.
Peace,
mindy
Old 10-15-2005, 04:13 PM   #4  
Binge Eater

Hi,Mindy's!

I'm Lisa,28 yearold mother of 8 year old DS,and I live in Florida with my SO also. I just started the Dr. Atkin's diet 3 days ago and have been having a hard time at it until this morning. I've finally decieded to stop whining and get moving by planning my meals to alleviate some of the boredom and also by looking at the bigger picture! Just think in a few months......we'll be SEXY!LOL Anyways,if you guys want to buddy up I'd be more than estatic especially if you're doing the low carb thing!
Old 10-17-2005, 10:23 AM   #5  

Hi Lisa and Mindy,
It's a pleasure to meet you Lisa!
While I have never tried the Atkins plan, I'm not all that fond of meat, I do try to eat low carb. Those carbs are what make me fat! When I am most sucessful at weight loss, I am eating lots of veggies, lean or high fiber protein, somehigh fiber complex carbs and very few or no simple carbs.
Yesterday I counted up my points at the end of the day and was exactly at my allotment, even when I counted the chocolate, which was strictly for medicinal purposes...lol. I took a moment to check in with myself and I was satisfied, not hungry. So....I didn't eat any icecream while I watched Desperate Housewives.
My scale says 209. It has said this for about a week. Dare I believe it is heading down again? Dare I move my penguin?
Oh to claim the hundreds! I haven't been in the 100's since the early 1990s.
I will have a big salad, with fresh grated beets in my special handmade salad bowl, at lunch to celebrate!
mindy, who is inspired and in charge of her life this morning
Closed Thread