Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:17 PM   #1  
Opulent

Default Introduction:I'd like a diet and exercise buddy, please!

Well, here I am, at the point (again) where I am ready to focus on my total health and on losing this excess fat I have seemed to accumulate. I have decided that I need more support than I have had in the past because doing it on my own hasn't resulted in any favorable changes and I now have at least 100 pounds total to lose

I am interested in being a dedicated buddy and will be the best support ever for someone who will be the same for me! Maybe more than one buddy would be even better!

I curently teach yoga 3 times a week (with occasional private classes added) and intend to do the following after each class: 1 hour Aqua-Fit class and 1 10-20 minute dry sauna session.

On non-teaching days, I plan on working out for 1 1/2-2 hours at a time, working with weights for 1/2 an hour and cardio for 1-1 1/2 hours, 3 days a week.

I plan on not eating after 7 pm and sticking to a natural, unprocessed vegan diet with 10 glasses of water daily, avoiding excess fats, sugar and salt. I may be using Dr. Mc Dougal's weight loss plan, basically a no fat or sugar added vegan diet. I may count calories as well, eating around 1,800 a day.

I guess that is about it! I really am happy that I will have the support of others here and am excited about finding a buddy (or buddies!). Any guidance or support is welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks so much
Old 10-13-2005, 10:18 PM   #2  
Opulent

Anyone?
Bueller?

Old 10-13-2005, 11:49 PM   #3  

Wow, that sounds like a lot to bite off ... no pun intended. Are you being too strict on yourself? Just wondering, cuz I know I sometimes do that. So far, I"ve been sticking to my low carb diet and my exercise plan, (4x per week). Boy, those mashed potatoes sure looked good! My carb vices, potatoes, pasta and pinot grigio!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:58 PM   #4  
Opulent

Hi Milkseat

Yes, I set high goals for myself, but I am following most of the dietary ones already with the exception of the evening eating thing...it's the exercise I need to be consistent with and I hope (okay, I KNOW ) this forum will offer some inspiration and support.

I too love the mighty potato! I have these oven fries that I LOVE and they only have 5 grams of fat per serving, but I am trying to avoid them because I like to eat 2 servings (everyday latley) and I think it has contributed to my weight gain Oh, man I love potatoes! I suppose once I am in my exercise rhythm (daily) I may be able to eat them once a week or so
Old 10-14-2005, 09:26 AM   #5  
Opulent

I guess I will just have to keep bumping this thread until *someone* decides to respond...I have posted elsewhere too and am still looking...
Old 10-14-2005, 10:10 AM   #6  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Yogini, that is really cool that you are a yoga teacher. I wish I could take your class. I post regularly over on the general diets board. There is a new thread each season, usually starting w/ the season name. Right now we are fall plan - falling into patience. You are more than welcome to join us, or least read the backlog and see if you might like posting there.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:32 AM   #7  
Opulent

Thanks! I love teaching yoga and the bonus is, if I am teaching yoga, I am *doing* yoga

Also thanks for the invite. I will check it out and join in.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi!!Here I am !!I am also on other threads but am more than happy to join you!! It is really hard to start your oun thread is seems,so I haven't...Yet!I also love potatos!!In the form of a potato chip!!Oooohh,what I would do for some right now!! Instead I sit here and drink my herbal tea(o cals) and write to you all!!!I don't have as much weight to lose but I can and will be here as long as you want me here!!Look forward to being your buddy,Wendy
Old 10-18-2005, 11:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hello again! I hope you all didn't dissapear on me!! Hope you are all having a easy time with all this diet stuff,I am doing ok,not great but still ok.See you all tomorrow!
Wendy
Closed Thread