Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 01:51 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Need buddy

I began my weight loss journey on June 1, and I've gone down from 307 to 234. I'd like to have a buddy to encourage and support in their weight loss efforts as well as receiving their support and encouragement as I continue mine. I know this isn't an eating disorder forum, but I'd like someone who has struggled with an eating disorder because I have struggled with various eating disorders for 8 years. I've had EVERY recognized eating disorder (and even unrecognized and rare eating disorders) including anorexia as a young teenager, so I chalk everything up to a good old-fashioned addiction to food. I'm constantly improving and my bulimia episodes are less frequent and less severe, but I always purge now after I binge eat when I didn't before. If anyone is suffering from an eating disorder and trying to lose weight as well, I'm sure we can help and support each other.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:01 PM   #2  
..~*CinDeReLLa*~..

S/C/G: 170/159/130

Height: 5'9

hi kahlo.
can i be a buddy?
i, myself, have been looking for a buddy like you. I think we are going through a lot of the same things.
I've been struggling with bulimia for the past 3 1/2 years now. But just within the past few weeks, i've managed to avoid all purging. i almost did it yesturday but i fell asleep. i was mad, but it was a good thing. this is one of the longest periods of time ive gone without purging and i dont want to mess it up. I've still binged though, which i think has contributed to the fact that i've gained about 10 pounds in the last month and a half or so
This has been very hard. I've never felt so incredibly fat in my entire life. But I can't keep hurting myself. Throwing up has had an adverse effect on my singing voice, and it makes my face swell up. those are the 2 main things i hate. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that if getting fatter is the price i have to pay to overcome bulimia, that's something i just have to live with. I've recognized this before, but havent really believed it until now: that it's better to be chubby than bulimic. I'm starting to really learn that this is true. besides the voice and face sweelling and feeling sick, bulimia has also effected me tremendously emotionally. it's been a living ****. i've secluded myself because of it and lied too many times and to too many people. I know I need to change, but I still think about purging everyday. the main irony in this whole thing is that I know i'd be thinner right now if i had never started bulimia in the first place because I would have never gotten used to big binging. that's sabatoged me. the only way i can reach my weight loss goal and maintain it for life, is the healthy, positive way. we've got to lick this thing. let's help eachother. i need help :-P
Old 10-27-2005, 01:06 AM   #3  

Well i don't suffer from an eating disorder but I wanted to come on and welcome you to the forum and congratulate you on your weightloss so far! That's really great! I'm sure that you'll find the support you are looking for on here. Good luck with your continuing weightloss.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:27 AM   #4  
One day at a time

I too don't suffer from an eating disorder but I wanted to welcome you and say Congrats on the weightloss and also Congrats on beating these disorders! It is wonderful that you and Cinderella are working so hard to fight it!

Good luck on your continiued weightloss!! We're all here to give you support so don't be afraid to ask!
Old 11-03-2005, 04:45 AM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hey Cinderella, I emailed you a lengthy message at your hotmail address (hope you don't mind) Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement. Good luck to you as well.
Closed Thread