Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 04:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 328/?/140

Height: 5'3"

Question new here and need support!!!!!

hello my name is Tonya and looking for some new friends to support and get support from i have three boys my youngest one was born 3 months early and have been sick most of his life... so i am very stressed and I am not getting any where by my self..... my hubby saids to me "oh, your fine don't worry about it" well i am very worried about it when my best friend of 9 years just died of a heart attack in her sleep.... so i am sure we all are worried about are hearts... mine is over worked and under pressure all the time.... well any way that is just a start of my story...... how do i get started don't know where to begin????

thanks
Old 09-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi and welcome!!

If you're at the very beginning, I think the best place to start is by logging your food. That's the very first thing my personal trainer had me do when I started. Once you keep track of everything you eat for a week or so, then you can get a realistic sense of what you need to cut out or what needs to be replaced by a healthier food choice.

I am a firm believer in taking "baby steps." It's much easier to change lots of little things over time than it is to suddenly change EVERYTHING all at once -- that will leave you feeling deprived, which may lead you to giving up before you've even begun!

I started out by doing only 2 things the very first week. I cut down on Coke (I was drinking 4 - 5 cans a day) and I replaced the sugar in my tea with Splenda. Every week I changed a few more things. I added weight training and cardio and slowly adapted to my new lifestyle.

Do you have a specific plan in mind? Any thoughts on what kind of exercise you'll be doing?

Again, welcome! You'll love it here!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:03 PM   #3  

Location: Originally from Los Angeles but have lived in Northern England for over 6 years with my French husband!

Wink men..

the problem with men is that they are scared- scared of upsetting you (who else will watch the kids?) scared of losing the security of a good little wife that feels so unsexy she will never look elsewhere and they are scared of change - how will they cope with eating salad and fresh veg instead of the usual mashed potatoes and gravy? please excuse me, im just having a rant against men in general!!! I know how easy it is to give up when everything seems to be against you, but think of your kiddies and how much more they will apprieciate a mommie who can run around with them, fit and feeling happy about herself - really its not where to start - its when to start and the time needs to be now because if you are even looking at a weight-loss site it shows you really do want to better yourself and theres no time like today good luck x
Old 09-27-2005, 12:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 328/?/140

Height: 5'3"

Smile

THANKS GIRLS FOR YOUR SUPPORT THE MORE I GET THE BRIGHTER MY DAY GETS I HAVE STOPED THE SODA GOING ON SIX MONTHS NOW... MY PROBLEM IS JUST SITTING IN THAT HOSPITAL ROOM DOING NOTHING SO I AM GOING TO START BY JUST WALKING AND SEE WHERE IT GETS ME....
Closed Thread