Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 06:05 AM   #1  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Default Lazy Man's Triathalon

People have been asking me on various posts about the Lazy Man's Triathalon. It is patterned after the promotion of the same name put on by the YMCA every summer. The YMCA promotion is doing a triathalon (usually 112 miles of biking, 26.2 miles of walking or running and 2.5 miles of swimming) spread out over five weeks instead of the usual one day!!!.

I find triathalete in training seems way more glamorous and exciting then exercise I like designing my own short term goals that I can work on with others. My reward for completing a current LMT is a full body massage

I take a lot of poetic license with the LMT,setting a goal of 6 or 7 weeks and sustituting weightlifting for swimming. You can do pretty much anything you want. Make up your own rules!

Feel free to use this thread for support, to post your progress, or to make a commitment. Besides I love the bragging rights of telling my friends I am a "triathelete in training".

Last edited by activeadventurer; 09-24-2005 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:35 AM   #2  

Hi activeadventurer I have just got back home (we have been at our Holiday houes lol it need's lots of work).I have been up and down ladders, carring timber, mowing lawn's and fixing a glass sliding door.But I did go for a swim that was great, while I was sitting on the rocks watching the sea two whales were playing , so I got my walking in also as I followed them along the shore line for about 6klm,then I had to walk back home lol,but it was turly Beautiful
Old 09-25-2005, 03:01 PM   #3  
Hanging in the Heartland

I am still playing catch up but feel pretty confident that I can meet the walking and lifting goals. I am nervous about the biking (will my knees hold out, will I get to the gym enough...) I am going to look at a bike today that was inspired by Synger's biking post (same make and model) I have lots of great lakes and bike paths right around where I live so maybe I can get some miles in before the cold hits!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 11:36 PM   #4  
Hanging in the Heartland

Got my first biking miles in today. Figured out in order to finish by October 31, I need to average 4 miles a day. Seems "big" but doable. We will see. DCM
Closed Thread