Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 10:56 AM   #1  

Default hi, new here too, east coast. Any low fatters?

I have share something with everyone-- it's been @ least 20 yrs since i was able to lose weight. i've been on every diet known to woman (as i'm sure all you have) but i recently found out that i have to have my gall bladder out due to stones. so i decided to go on a low fat diet, just so i can keep my GB under control until i have it removed...and low & behold i lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks!!!!

the moral of the story is...now this is just my humble opinion...if any of you ladies have trouble losing weight on Atkins, low carbs, etc, they don't seem to work on women...i was on atkins & low carb for 1 1/2 mon. and lost maybe 3 lbs. i've been on this low fat diets for now 2 1/2 weeks and lost weight without really trying...low fat is so much healthly for women...REMEMBER women are born with FAT CELLS, even the skinnest of women have fat cells.

i do have skim milk which i used to drink half & half or whole milk. i eat bread ladies!!! i try to eat whole wheat, but if i want a 1/2 of a hero or sub i do. i'v e had rice & pototoes not fried or with butter though...so you guys can do it!! take it from someone who never could lose the weight. oh i was also on the oprah no white stuff and didn't lose weight...

so let's all hang in there together...
Old 09-21-2005, 11:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I low fat. I've been counting calories on and off for a couple of years. Doing this has made me very aware of the other nutrients in food. Fats have too many calories and not much else ... so I cut them.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:20 PM   #3  

Default HI SusanB

thanks for responding...

here's to a great success for all of us!!!

talk to you soon...thanks..
Old 09-21-2005, 03:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Lots of calories counters site that it is the freedom they enjoy. If I can eat whatever I want .... I just have to prepare myself for the calorie count. I think my worst example is one day that I stayed under 1200 cals even though I had two donuts. Not nutritious, not smart.

Come and hang out in the Calorie Counters Forum. You'll find lots of likeminded folks there.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=172
Closed Thread