Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 02:11 PM   #1  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Talking Im New Here!

Hi Everyone! My name is Heather, in 20 years old and I have a 10 month old baby boy (Jason Jr). All my life my weight has been up and down (more up than down). When I was 16, almost 17, me weight went from about 180 to 140 within a few months. I stayed around 140 until I was married in December 2002. Then I slowly started gaining weight from there on. Then in April of 2004 I found out I was pregnant, and realized I had shot up to about 180 something again, a result of working as a cook in a resturant. So needless to say, I gained a ton of weight during my pregnancy.
Most of that weight gain had to do with stress. When I was about 5 months pregnant my husband (who is a marine) was sent to Iraq for 8 months. So basically I sat around all day feeling sorry for myself. My weight when i went into labor with my son was somewhere between 265 and 270.
Leaving the hospital i was about 250. From November to Early April i dropped to 199. My goal for when Jason got home in April was to be under the 200lb mark, and i got there.
But once Jason got back I was now cooking for him, and everyone was taking him out to eat etc. So needless to say I shot back up to around 215 withing a month or so. Since then I have started dieting and exercising again, and now im down to 203ish. I try not to weigh myself too much because it triggers my depression. So anywho, my goal weight is 160. Im the kind of build that when i weigh that i look good, not fat, but not skinny.
So im looking for some support since all of my friends (even the ones that have had babies) are all skinny and just dont understand! I hope to get to know you all!
THanks!
Old 09-13-2005, 02:25 PM   #2  
Proud Navy Wife

Hi Heather,

Welcome to the boards. I am still new here but I have found a lot of great people to talk to in the last few days. I know all too well what it is like to be alone, my husband is in the Navy. I too had a goal to get under 200 by the time he got home and I made it but then the weight started to creep back on from being able to go for an ice cream runs without having to take all the kids, ice cream is my weakness. I know how it is with having your weight go up and down. I wish it would just go down and stay there. I like rollercosters just not the weightloss rollercoaster.

I have been noticing a lot of military wives on these boards and was thinking of maybe starting a new thread for us military wives. Being a military wife has extra challenges added on, especially if you have kids. If anyone is interested let me know so we can figure something out.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:31 PM   #3  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

I would definatley be interested in a military wife board!
Old 09-13-2005, 02:35 PM   #4  
Proud Navy Wife

I'll see what I can do then. By the way I sent you an IM.
Closed Thread