Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 12:14 AM   #1  

Red face Newbie

Hi

I'm new to exercise, I want to lose like 20 ibs I guess, I really just want to drop down to around a size 6, I'm a 10 right now. I know my friend is a size 6 and weighs 120 so thats why I picked that number. I've been unhappy with my weight for a very long time since it seemed like all the girls in my school were always size 3 or lower. I finally decided to do something about it .

I know it would be almost impossible to diet for me, especially since for dinner we usually eat fast food. I relized that my weight has not really changed in a long time so I'm hoping by adding exercise which I never really did that would help me drop a little. I started over a week ago with just doing some running in place, push ups (like 5 since thats all I could do), and some sit ups to start getting used to it.

Then I saw Denise Austin on tv in the morning and started to exercise with her, I also just bought her personal trainer dvd, and ordered Billy Blank's Bootcamp.

I've tried to do this before by just exercising on my own but usually gave up within 3 days. This time I really want to give it a go, I even bought the jeans in the size I want to be, so I will hopefully stick to it

I know I dont want to lose a lot but always like friends to talk to about things I want to do and most of mine are either the weight I want to be, even skinnier, or just say it wont work and it's a waiste of money, so trying not to tell most of em

Thanks,

Chrissy

You can aim me anytime at PurplePanic16
Old 09-13-2005, 12:20 AM   #2  

Smile We seem to have some things in common :D

FONT=Verdana]Hi Chrissy,

My name is Nicole - and I too want to lose roughly 20 pounds, 15 of which I just put on in last two months mostly while I was home visiting my family and eating my mothers cooking. It is sooooo hard to have a mother that is a good cook when you have a tendency to put on weight

And just last week I dropped a large amount of cash on a new pair of true religion jeans that do not fit me now - and over a month ago I bought a pair that I have only been able to wear once, and they are really great jeans. The kind that you just know you will look just incredible in *sigh* I better get my money's worth!

Just in case you are wondering - I started out at around 245lbs about 4 years ago now (I am really not sure as I stopped looking at the scale at that point) and eventually reached 143 as my lowest point, but I think I looked too thin at that weight, so I am really striving for 150. I let myself get to 170 over the past two months...I was about 155 before I went home in July...I can't believe it...it is very disappointing...and I don't think my husband it very happy about it either. [/FONT]
Old 09-13-2005, 09:56 AM   #3  

Default Accounability

Did you exercise today? If not then get out there! Walk around the block, stand while you are using the computer, anything! OK, enough of the motivational speak. I am SwimMom and another new user. I want to lose about 40 pounds and also lack anyone close to be a strong motivator for me. I'm hoping everyone on this site will be able to help. I need to be able to tell someone each day if I met my goals or not and have someone tell me to get out there. I hope we can help each other. So get out there! (or to your livingroom)
Old 09-14-2005, 12:19 AM   #4  

Red face Lol

Heya

Well I can try to each day if ya have a messenging service

I actually did exercise yesterday and going to for today in like 20 min. I want to do cardio but still waiting for the videos to come.

I bought a few diff ones figuring if I could switch off a lot then I will stick with it
TTYS
Chrissy

AIM - PurplePanic16
Closed Thread