Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 05:29 AM   #1  
Proud Navy Wife

Red face Newbie

Hi Everyone,
My name is Tricia and I am new here. I have been battling with my weight since after giving birth to my oldest daughter...she's 9 years old. My husband is in the Navy and was deployed for 6 months and part of that time I managed to lose about 20 lbs or so but I've been slowly gaining it back. I suffer from depression which makes it hard sometimes to stick with any type of weight loss regimen. My husband is gone helping the victims of Katrina and I am finding myself sink further and further into my depression and horrible eating habits. I would love to have a buddy or more to talk to.....I could really use some friends right about now. Well I better get to bed...bye for now.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Tricia! You've come to the right place for all kinds of support. There are threads about weightloss and depression even.
Have a good read around. Post some so that we can get to know you better.
How did you lose those 20 lbs? That's good work.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #3  

Default Hi Tricia!

I was in the Navy myself for 9 1/2 years. Got out in 93 as an E-5. They decided that since I was a woman they wanted me to be an aviatio hydraulics mechanic, never mind that I have ZERO mechanical aptitude nor interest. Today I'm a bookkeeping clerk who sells Avon on the side.
I have 20 pounds to lose, would you mind being buddies with me?
-Michele

Last edited by garybearsgirl; 09-11-2005 at 04:47 PM. Reason: because I can't figure how to add the weight tracking graphic and I messed it up
Old 09-11-2005, 05:16 PM   #4  
ONE DAY AT A TIME

Welcome Tricia!!

This is a great site for help and motivation!! I also have depression and with the help of this site realized I am not the only one that has mental and eating habbits the are in need of a make-over!! Are you getting medical help for your depression? My battle has been lifelong in both areas!! Good luck in your journey!! I hope we can help!!
Old 09-13-2005, 12:55 AM   #5  
Proud Navy Wife

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. This defintely seems like a great place for support and friendships. I hope to get to know everyone really well.

Tricia
Closed Thread