Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 08:36 PM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Talking Joinin the club...

Hey all! Im new here (who knew) and im lookin for a buddy. im doing the weight watchers points and REALISTICALLY, i have about 140 lbs to lose. my goal is 40lbs by new years. I was really motivated by Celebrity Fit Club (sad i know) but people that weigh less than me lost that and more in 100 days. if they can do it, i can do it. I have been going to the gym every day, but kinda slacked off when a friend came to town, then i got sick... so when im feeling better i will go back. i guess its not SO bad tho, because i havent been eating a lot due to being sick.. it all works itsself out, right? at any rate. im 26, Female, I live in So Cal. and i work in the most body consious area of entertainment. anyone lookin to talk or wanting a gym buddy maybe lets chat! everone everywhere welcome!!
Old 09-06-2005, 08:46 PM   #2  

Hi I just joined today. I'm looking to loose 20 by Christmas.

I'm 25 and live all the way across the country from you, but the internet is a good way to help keep each other on track
Old 09-06-2005, 08:53 PM   #3  

Hello... I just love your name. That is soo cute. I have about the same amount of weight to lose as you do. It stinks but we will get there soon...right? I am 28, married and am desperate for a baby.
I would love to be your buddy. I need someone that will keep me on track and get on to me when I do bad. I am currently doing a high fiber low fat type thing that is supposed to keep my polycystic ovarian syndrome under control.
I have to admit, I too watch celebrity fit club and love it. It is very inspiring. My favorite was Phil. He just looks sooo sad but very genuine at the same time.
I have a desk job so all I want to do is snack. I am gonna have to pack some fruit for tomorrow. What do you do?
Hope to hear from you soon...
Old 09-07-2005, 03:00 AM   #4  
banned

Wink wow

thanks so much for the replies!!! im excited to get on this journey with you ladies! i JUST went to the gym (just to weigh myself - ive been too sick to work out) 301.4. scary. i cant believe i am past 300 lbs. but, if i put it out there, then i have to be accountable for it, right? basically, im just cutting out the crap. well, at least in moderation. i am planning on joining weight watchers in a week or so when i get some money - my work situation fluctuates, so when i get a windfall, i go for it. I have done the points before with my friend and it really works for me. there are lots of great resources here and online to help you figure out the point values in everything. plus you get 5 cups of veggies. i know that sounds like a lot, but if you munch on cucumbers and vinegar instead of vinegar potato chips.. you'll see the benefit right now im snackin on raspberries - yum! and basically, ive just committed to myself to do this. i am a strong, ambitious woman. i can do anything i put my mind to. and i know it. there is no reason not to succede.

what are your short term goals? mine is 15 by october.

i love phil. hes just such a cool person. even through the weight. he is mild tempered and just a happy person. i have to say im super proud of him, even though i dont know him personally. my friend and i watched Viva La Bam RELIGOUSLY until she moved, so, hes like family.

so where in the world are you ladies from?

my AIM and yahoo SN's are at the left under my name. im almost ALWAYS at a computer (hence the 300+lbs..)

i hope all is well, and as cheesy as it sounds.. happy weight loss! lets do this together

my name, by the way, is Luan (pronounced loo-anne)
Old 09-07-2005, 03:05 AM   #5  

heloo all im am also fromso cal and i would love to be your buddy i have at least 90 pounds to lose and i know what you mean about working na body concsous area i am entering the workin world and i to want to lose weight so that im looked at in a different light at my job hope to talk to you soon
Old 09-07-2005, 03:06 AM   #6  
banned

Default hello

hello!!! thanks for joining us! where in so cal are you? feel free to message if you would like!! links on the left under my name.

i have a great feeling about this!!
Old 09-07-2005, 02:39 PM   #7  

I'm from upstate NY Short term goal? hmm... to make it through tomorrow w/out eating ice cream? Does that count?! lol! I don't know for usre. I'm hoping to loose 10 by October, but think I won't be able to... *sigh*
Old 09-07-2005, 04:04 PM   #8  
banned

Default 10

how come you keep setting yourself up to fail?

repeat after me.

i am going to lose 10 lbs by october.

actually, mentally it even works better if you can say im going to weigh ____ by ____. then, do it. make it your mantra.

there is no reason you cant. im losing 15. its all in your mindset. when you set yourself up to fail, you almost always do. how come you keep saying you dont see it happening? and yes.. making it through an HOUR without icecream is totally a goal! start small! you dont have to weigh 140 and eat cabbage and water by friday. have fun with your weight loss, think about all those things you will be able to do. i personally cant wait for the day that i can bend over and pick up a safety pin off the floor (which i do all the time) without any effort or fear of falling out of my chair.

if you need a friend, im here. if i keep you accountable, i have to be accountable. otherwise im a hypocrate.

Last edited by princesspuffypants; 09-07-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:13 PM   #9  

I do set myself up for failure because I figure then I won't be disappointed when it doesn't happen. Yah, not very good, huh?? But I'm going to try not to do that... short term goal set today: loosing 10 lbs by October 12th
Old 09-07-2005, 04:20 PM   #10  
banned

dont make failure an option. you can do it, you already have lost 12, thats awesome! do whatever you have to do to make it happen!!!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:07 PM   #11  

I wanna join you guys. I just wanna be a celebrity so I can go on that show. LOL They seem to have a lot of fun and lose a lot of weight. Minus the colonic!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:35 PM   #12  
banned

welcome welcome!!
Old 09-07-2005, 07:21 PM   #13  

Hello all,
Oh...I hate that I have to work...Im missing all the fun in this thread. Lets see..my goal I think is to lose 20 lbs by the end of October. I KNOW I can do it. Hows that for positive thinking.
And to comment about picking up a safety pin off the floor....I was at work and reached to pick some paper off the floor and my chair shot out from under me and down I went. Its kinda funny know, but I was completely embarrassed and being overweight just made it worse.
I am from Griffin Ga. Its about 40 miles south of Atlanta. My screen name is Cassie5545 and I would love to chat some time.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:23 PM   #14  

Default New too

Hey there everybody! I'm new here, too. Princesspuffypants is my best friend and told me to get on over here to join the fun. SO, here I am. It's great to see all the support. Eyes on the prize ladies!!
Old 09-07-2005, 07:24 PM   #15  
banned

yay for armadillos
Closed Thread