Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 01:19 PM   #1  
Mom to Twins and toddler

Default Hi, I am new and need motivation

I am a SAHM to a 3.9 year old daughter and 4 month old twin boys. I was a size 10 when I got married. When I got pregnant with the twins I was a size 20. I am a 18 now. I want my old body back. I want to feel good again. I keep getting ready to exercise, then I put it off untill tomorrow. I have the exercise ball, the resistance bands, books. I just ordered videoas. i felt that I may do better if I have a video to follow. I even have a YMCA membership, but it cost $1.50 an hour per kid, so it would be like $9.00 a day to go if I have to pay for daycare. I can not afford that. I have a goal now. My dad is my inspiration. He will be leaving for 5 months in 2 weeks to go to New Orleans to help with the clean up mission. He is a Dump Truck driver and just found out he has to go. My goal is to loose as much as possible by the time he gets back. I am not going to tell him, I just want to see his face. I have a Dr. Appt on the 8th to talk to my family Dr. about what the nest route to go. I just gotta get the motivation to do it. I have all my goals, just gotta peel myself away from the damn computer long enough to do it.

So with all that, does anyone have any suggestions for me? I can take all the help I can get. Thanks

Tanya
Old 09-04-2005, 02:03 PM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi Tanya,

Oooooo, BOY did you come to the right place for advice and motivation!!

And I'm guessing the simplest (and most common) advice you'll be getting is "eat less, move more," because that's something of a mantra around here.

What kind of specific advice are you looking for? You mentioned motivation...here's a good thread for that ---> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64273. There are forums on exercise, nutrition, specific diet plans, etc.

Let me know what kind of advice you're looking for...maybe I can help.

And a big "Thank You" to your Dad...what an inspiration HE is to go down and help out!

Welcome! You're gonna love it here!

- Kate

Last edited by LovesBassets; 09-04-2005 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:39 PM   #3  
On My Way...

Hi Tanya!

I am new to 3FC too! I know how you feel about needing that motivation! It took me along time (most of my life), to get it together to lose weight. I have just started my weight loss, but I am already feeling better!

I am sure you will find the help and motivation the you need here! I wish you the best of luck.

Amber
Old 09-05-2005, 03:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Tanya ... as long as when you're at the computer you come to 3fc, you'll be fine. Nothing sends me off to do something healthy like a visit here.

Check out all the forums. You'll find several places where you feel right at home and lots of great new friends.
Closed Thread