Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 11:08 PM   #1  

Unhappy New here, Need help to lose 170.....

Hello all. My name is PJ and I am new to this site but not to weight issues. I need to lose 170 pounds and am looking for a buddy for this journey. I am 32, live in NY, and a SAHM to my 4 kids. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:01 AM   #2  

Hi PJ, I'm sure you find lots of help here. I'm new to this site as well, and have lots to loose. What plan are you following?...if any
Old 08-29-2005, 09:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Read, read, read and post, post, post post. Ask lots of questions. You'll get more help here than you ever dreamed. It's a fabulous place.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Default hi PJ

PJ,

I need to lose about 130 and would be happy to be your buddy. I live in Mississippi, I am married and have a 3 year old boy named RJ (he will be 4 in December). I am also a Special Education Teacher for Kindergarten and 1st grade.

Melody
Old 08-29-2005, 09:50 AM   #5  

Thanks Katty and Susan for the warm welcome and tips. I am still trying to get used to these forums, but I hope to catch on soon. I know I need extra support when trying to lose weight. Although my hubby tries to be supportive, it just isn't the same as ladies going through the same thing. I appreciate all your kind words! PJ
Old 08-29-2005, 11:20 AM   #6  

I'm really in the mood for the internet today. I'm sitting here with my knitting, just hanging around. (already went biking today)
Want some help with picking apart your menus? Post away! I'd love to help. In fact, you'll probably get lots of answers.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:39 PM   #7  

Default Ok Susan

Great job on biking already!
I got a walk in as well so I am proud. Soaking wet with sweat, but happy.

So far today I have had breakfast and lunch.
Breakfast I had on the run and it was a fat free smoothie drink. I think 90 calories and no fat.
Lunch is what I am eating now, carrot sticks and a ham, turkey, and spinach sandwich on whole wheat bread with a little lite mayo.
I have had 24 oz of water already and going strong.

Dinner is stuffed peppers that I made with ground chicken and sauteed green and yellow squash. If I get hungry inbetween I am planning on cheese sticks and celery and pretzels.

OK Susan, pick away!
PJ
Old 08-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #8  

I think you're doing just fine without any picking from me!
Tell us about your smoothie drink. Do you mix something up yourself?
I love pretzels but I go overboard. Can you eat just one nice little serving?
How much of that delicious pepper dish were planning? My Mom used to make it with rice in. It was very good.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:19 PM   #9  

Susan
Thanks for your input.
Teh smoothie drink that I had this morning was I think by Yoplait. It was strawberry banana lightflavor. It was pretty good. I nee dto get into the habit of eating breakfast.
I am hoping that I will not go over board with the pretzels and take out 1 serving and close the bag.
For dinner I was planning on one stuffed pepper. I did put a little rice in it as well. I used a pound of chicken and stuffed 7 halves. I am looking forward to them now!! LOL
PJ
Old 08-29-2005, 06:50 PM   #10  

Ah, the breakfast thing. Ya know ... when I'm at home (I work part-time) I do eat breakfast but sometimes it's a little later in the morning. Protein is very important for keeping you feeling full and for keeping your bloodsugars level ... do you like eggs, cottage cheese, tuna ...?
Old 08-29-2005, 07:42 PM   #11  
Melissa

Would be glad to help. I could use the help also. Looking to lose over 100 lbs. Got a reality check when I bought a new scale today. Mine broke a few weeks ago but it must have been broken long before that cause it was off by about 10lbs. The weight that I thought I kept off came right back and I am even more depressed than I was a week ago. My sister just went for bypass and I am not hearing any of that but I need to do something quickly!! Would love to chat with anyone who is available. Just started today so will be added pictures when I go home, (at school now).
Old 08-29-2005, 08:45 PM   #12  

Pj I think your menu looks good as well. What plan are you following?
Susan, I will post mine in the undereaters thread.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:27 PM   #13  

Katty67, we could do this in the Calorie Counters forum too. I started a weekly chat thread that isn't really catching on
May be we could look at menus there??
Old 08-29-2005, 09:56 PM   #14  

Susan B and Katty
Susan yes I do like eggs, cottage cheese, tuna, and I do the know the importance of eating breakfast. For some strange reason, my mind thinks that I have cheated once I eat something early in the day. I already have my spinach, tomato and swiss 3 egg white, 1 whole egg, omelet ready for tomorrow!!
Katty I am not following any plan per se, but am using the guidelines for SB and WW from having done them before.
Thanks Gals for the input!!
PJ
Old 08-30-2005, 09:11 AM   #15  

Ya know PJ ... when you said about your mind thinking you've cheated when you eat early in the day? .... Years ago, I used to think that the longer I could do without food, the better off I'd be. I could go until almost supper and think I was just brilliant. Of course then I had a burger, fries, gravy and indigestion
But it's a hard mindset to blow off. I still freak a little if I look at fitday and see I've had 600 calories by noon. Old habits are hard to break.

In that thread about under-eaters anonymous ... we've been picking apart peoples menus. Adding little tips and things. Then in comes the quite smart Mel who simply adds "veggies and protein"

Ooooo that omelet sounds good!
Closed Thread