Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 10:14 AM   #1  
Warning: I love to talk

Smile Hi I'm new

Hello Everyone My name is Sharon, I am 28 years old. I am 5'4" and 145 pounds right now. I know thats not fat not even really chubby but I am one of those people who were told their whole life that they were fat so thats how I see myself. I was a chubby kid and my mom would drill it into me that over 125 was fat (she is 62 and weighs 108). Needless to say that sticks with a person My mom is tiny and so is my sister so why shouldn't I be right? Ummmm Yeah welll it takes work for me.

Up until around Febuary I was doing great. I was right around 125-130 feeling great and loved the way I looked. Problem was I got used to it and thought I was invincible. By the end of March I was 160 and felt awful, I had stopped exercising stopped watching my food and became totally lazy. I started having chest pains and those scared me so in late May I started watching what I put in my body, I have gotten it down now to 145 and am starting my workouts back. This is why I need the forum. Workouts are so hard that I tend to just say forget it and go back to eating like a piglet and sittin on my butt all day. I need someone to keep me on track, when it hurts or when I get lazy. (because right now my BUTT HURTS!!! Yoga is hard on the backside!!)

Before when I was at my lowest weight I walked/jogged 2 miles a day on my treadmill and did Yoga every other day. I felt great. Well now the treadmill is gone and I get breathless walking upstairs I started yesterday on Yoga again and plan to add more at home workouts with a daily walk/bike ride once the kids go to school on the 18th of August. Also my nutrition goal for the month is NO Kool-Aid and NO sweet tea and keeping my calories below 1700. I am still drinking coffee (1.5 tsp sugar 1TBS milk per cup) but have also cut that down dramatically. I was drinking 6-8 cups a day and now drink 2 a day.

Now you know my background in this LONGG post so maybe I can meet some new pals
Old 08-09-2005, 10:31 AM   #2  
Snowberry: Junior Member

S/C/G: 193/188/140

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Welcome

Hi Sharon. I'm new here too. This is actually my third day. Counting calories is the way to go. It's the only thing that has ever consistently worked for me.
I regained my weight by trying the fad diets.

145 doesn't seem fat to me for 5'4". But you know your own body and how you feel at certain weights. Just don't let old memories determine your weight goal. Have you done a diet profile to find out how much you should actually weigh?

You can do it.

Frances
Old 08-09-2005, 11:08 AM   #3  
Warning: I love to talk

Hi Frances, Yeah I checked them and according to which weight profile you check I am either "just right" or "slighly in danger of being Obese??!?!" I trust the just right one. But at the same time my problem is that all my weight is right in my tummy and hips and it makes me very uncomfortable. I remember that when I was around 125 or so I felt great both in body and mind so thats about where i want to be. Target weight for my body frame and build is supposed to be 115-135 according to most sites.

I am mostly doing this for my health. My husband and kids love me no matter what but when your 5 year old son sees you in a bathing suit and says "mom do you have a baby in your tummy" its time to change somethin LOL!!!

I use Fitday.com for my calorie counting, you put in what you eat and can even put in labels of the foods you eat. According to my profile at deniseaustin.com for the weight I want to lose I need to keep calories around 1800. So I undershoot that goal by 100 to keep me from being discouraged if I over shoot my goal.
Closed Thread