Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 06:44 AM   #1  

Default Need a SERIOUS Buddies! PLEASE!

Hi everyone,

I would like DEDICATED buddies!. I had one but I don't know what happened to her, but I do know I need buddies that are just as dedicated as I am to loosing weight. Doesn't mean they have to be perfect but just have a deep desire to loose and wants to keep in weekly touch with someone that has the same desire. Giving encouragement, sharing ideas, tips and hints, supporting eachother's method of loosing, and sharing eachothers ups and downs as well as achievements or mess ups.

I have 130 lbs to loose. I am now doing WW (The Flex Plan). You don't have to be doing WW to be buddies with me. I will support you in any weight loss plan and even research your plan so that when we communicate I can fully comprehend what you are telling me so I can offer the right support.

I have only been doing WW for a week. And have lost 2 lbs. Which is about right on WW.

Initally, I was doing a ridiculous made up plan that I tried to combine with a legitimate plan that helped me loose but as soon as I started eating normal I gained it all back. So I learned that hard lesson fast. That reminds me, I have to move my little weight bar back.. LOL!

Anyway, I exercise a lot. 5 times a week for at least 45 mins. But I usual average about an hour of exercise per day. I try to eat healthy. 3 meals per day and 2 snacks. I do have days when I mess up with the eating but I try to get right back on track the next meal.

Anyway, I would GREATLY appreciate a buddies that would like to email and support one another. Feel free to post here or send me a private message and I will get back to you ASAP!

Thanks!

LO
Old 07-12-2005, 06:53 AM   #2  

Oh I also wanted to mention that i do:

Curves
Walk Away the Pounds
Yoga
YMCA (weight equipt, treadmill, bike, etc)
Treadmill (at home)
Boxing (punching bag at home)
Park (mile circle walk in local park)

I vary my work outs because I just can't take doing the same old thing every day. When I have in the past I ended up getting frustrated and giving up. I have found when I do lots of activities I stay motivated and look forward to doing something new the next day.

I haven't gotten my bicycle yet but will have it soon. Was supposed to get it this week but the one I wanted was a little expensive..so I have to wait until I have the funds which should be by the end of this month.

And I am very familar with Tae Bo.. don't do that one anymore but I do have the tapes so if you want to be buddies and want me to do Tae Bo.. I can find time to put that in my schedule too.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:06 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Hi LO! I've had a couple of Buddies too, and they just keep disapearing! I don't know if it's me or they just quit dieting! Beginning to get a complex!

I don't have that much to loose, but I still have to work hard at keeping it off after I loose. I will be there to give support as long as you need it.

Sounds like you are on a good plan, with the exercise and diet. I vary my exercise too, going between the bike and walking outdoors, stepping, and I have some tapes. I like the Bi Bo tapes but can't do the kicking, bad back.

If you still need a buddy, let me know, Freda [email protected]
Old 07-12-2005, 12:21 PM   #4  

Lolita - Hey I am very dedicated to losing the weight as I have to get down to 175 so that I can have my insurance pay for a breast reduction that I really, really need.

I signed up for curves on April 20 and had my first w/m on the 22. Slowly I have been adding more exercise in and now I work out everyday. I alternate with WATP, treadmill, elliptical, curves and some other older tapes I have. I also have taebo but have not started doing that again yet (I don't feel ready yet).

I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. I only eat chicken and fish for meat. I drink ALOT of water. I bought the South Beach Diet book yesterday and am reading that. I may switch.

So far (my ticker does'nt reflect this because I only move that when I do my official w/m at curves) I have lost 31 pounds. My weight this morning in my "curves clothes" was 238. I started out needing to lose 119.

If you want to talk to me pm me. I'm here for you if you need any help.

Last edited by momX3; 07-12-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:08 PM   #5  

Thanks for replying ladies. You will receive Emails.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:42 PM   #6  

I too am determined to make it to my goal this time. I am weary of mickey mousing around. I need to do this!! Would love to have the support and encouragement from a group.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #7  
It is what it is...

Hi All .. I would be interested in being a buddy !! I have been doing WW ( flex plan ) now for about a year and half and have lost about 40 some pounds to date...I am a married woman, no kids, 31 years old and have about 70 more pounds to lose.. lately I have been losing and gaining the same 2-3 pounds every other week and I am getting real sick of doing it ... I am determined to get the rest of this weight off ... I would really like to be about 30 pounds lighter by Christmas but hey we will see ... I also post on "Time for Serious Fun" in the Support Groups ... there is always someone posting there, feel free to check us out ... later!!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:12 PM   #8  

HI! I am Kim, and I would LOVE to join your buddy group. I am pretty new to the site, and haven't found a buddy group yet and am desperately in need of one. It is easy to get lost in the sea of posts and I need people to hold me accountable. I promise I will keep up with y'all if y'all keep up with me.

This is me:
I am 27 years old and am just finishing up graduate school. I have always struggled with my weight (or thought i was). I lost 30 lbs 2 years ago, but this year I have gained it ALL back during the worse semester of my life. I am super frustrated that I let that happen. I am engaged and getting married May 13, 2006 and although it's cheezy to say i want to lose weight for that, this is something I want to accomplish for myself-once and for all. I am super stubborn, but for some reason that stubborness doesn't kick in when it comes to weight loss. I NEED HELP!!!!! (and i hate to ask :P)

I am considering WW, but again..i have to ask for help(you'd never know I went to school for social work :P), so this is my first step. If you want another buddy, I am totally there.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:34 PM   #9  
robinrose

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Red face stuff happens

i joined this site last year at this time .i had just celebrated my 6 month wedding anniversary. at this same time, iwas told i would be losing my job in a month and a half..... and 3 weeks before my contract ended i found out i had breast cancer. so i didn't keep in touch with anyone or anything.. so my advice ,just keep these people in your thouhgts and prayers.. they are on their own path and for whatever reason.. they passed in your lane for a time and may have helped you or may not have ... it is all in a bigger plan.. just know it is for your education.... i have too been very depressed and i need a buddy too. i have gained so much weight with all the chemotherapy.. i had to kick my new husband out of my home, and haven't really found a fulltime job... I feel i am at the end of my rope in so many ways... i thought that maybe if i try one small goal at a time...something i could control and make some progress..i could regain some sense of mastery over this nightmare... so i too would love the help.. email.... [email protected]
i have no idea what kind of diet or paln ..i think i should look at a low fat and maybe even a veg or vegan plan... i have been reading a lot about the milk and estrogen and breast cancer/prostate cancer connections... but one little step at a time ... just sending this email is my progress step for today. tomorrow .i will at least keep track of my food on a list.. lets see if i can do this consistently.. robin
Old 07-13-2005, 11:38 PM   #10  

Default buddy wanted

hi there this is heyhi i too am in need of a buddy..i am with a TOPS group but could use another buddy for support... anything is possible with encouragement right....good luck in losing..heyhi
Old 07-13-2005, 11:49 PM   #11  

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I would love a buddy! I am a working mother of four young children. I am 30 years old. I just started my own exercise program and am in desperate need of a serious buddy!
Jennifer
Old 07-14-2005, 08:47 PM   #12  

Hey chickadees! I hope everyone is dong well. Now that we have a support group thread, where should we go from here? I am new to all of this!
Old 07-15-2005, 11:58 AM   #13  

I would be willing to join the buddy group! I am 41 raising a special needs son and two of my grandchildren ages almost 2 and almost 3. I was diagnosed with degenerative arthritis in my spine and that all this extra weight was not helping matters. I am twice the size I should be. I just started back at WW since the points are easy to follow and it is real food. I can't make it to meetings for both financial and all the kids so this is a good way for me to make connections with others dealing with the same issues as I am. When I started I was 250lbs and only am 5ft 1in tall. My goal is to weigh 122lbs so as you can see I will be here for the long haul. I would really like to be a part of the group.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:19 PM   #14  

Lolita I am with you honey I will be glad to keep up with you weekly and see how you are doing.I am on the WW flex plan as well follow at home can't afford the meetings.Why don't we all private message each other our emails to Lolita and she can do the same back.I want to let you know I can keep in touch til the 20th and i am on vacation til the 23rd I will post when I get back.Hope all is well with everyone.I would like to join the group as well I have either 43 or 44 pounds to lose been on plan since February of this year.Robin Sorry to hear about your cancer honey I know you will get better soon and as for your weight loss honey it will come as well.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:49 PM   #15  
Thin taste better

S/C/G: 230/215/170

Height: 5ft

Hi lolita

I am also in need of a true dedicated buddy, the ones I have had seem to lose interest along the way I am not on any one particular type of program I am just counting calories and it seems to be working for the time being. I am trying to exercise everyday that is the part I need someone to encourage me on because, I will find any excuse not to exercise and sometime just a weekly push to do so is enough to keep me motivated and moving.

If you are interested private message me, and I promise to be there in return to motivate and encourage you throught the thick and the thin.
Closed Thread