Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 02:25 PM   #1  
Vegetarian

Talking New to the 3FC Forums

Just wanted to introduce myself to all of you here on 3FC. I'm a 20 year old college student, who needs to lose some weight, but is having a hard time finding the motivation. I tend to get bored with diets and repetitive exercise routines, so I need some help in those areas!

I'm currently studying languages (Japanese and Arabic) in hopes of one day becoming an interpreter/translator. I'm also a vegetarian (8 years) so I can't go on some of the same diets, or eat the same foods as a lot of my friends who have lost weight.

This looks like a great forum, filled with knowledgeable individuals and lots of helpful weight loss tips. I look forward to getting to know some of you, and help you reach your goals!
Old 06-20-2005, 07:33 AM   #2  

Hi! My name is zeanea. I'm also 20(in two weeks) I think that everybody is different but I can tell you what I have done to lose weight. I'm the same as you in the way that I get bored with the same hum drum exercise routine. I'm not sure if you are part of a gym or not. I go to gold's gym and I find that I go more often because I spent so much of my own money on the relationship that it would be like throwing it away if I didn't go. I don't know if that would help you or not. Also i get very bored so theres actually a simple solution. Stop trying to find an exercise that keeps your interest. Pick an exercise and when you get sick of it don't get frustrated and give up, the answer's right in front of you....change it. I started out using the elyptical because I found it in college and I figured it was my miracle machine because I always liked to use it...well lo and behold after a while I got sick of it, so I started swimming and using the water weights(if you don't belong to a gym find a local pool and use milk jugs for your water weights.) then I got sick of that so I started taking walks around my neighborhood at night when it was nice and cool. I also brought my headphones so i would dance while I walked. I have to bring my headphones to the gym. I've found they influence your pace and if you listen to more than one songe you get different paces and a varied workout. Right now I'm still walking and i do some elyptical, and every once and a while the pool. I've also started doing some of my mmom's weight watchers workout tapes. If I get sick of them I won't do them anymore because discouragement makes me want to eat more. I'm not a vegetarian but I have seen a lot of vegetarian based diet foods in a certain section of my grocery store. I'm not sure about you but they have a section with soy milk and tofu and vegetarian lasagna and some lean qusines that fit in with that...things like that. I hope that helps.

~zeanea
Closed Thread