Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 04:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/212/160

Height: 5'11'

Default Newbie looking to make a lifestyle change

Hello, everyone. I'm 22 years old, 5'11" and 235 pounds. I would like to lose about 80 pounds. I've lost weight before but have always regained the weight during periods of depression.

In the past, being overweight was merely a nuisance--something that kept me from feeling attractive. But now that I'm at an all-time high weight, I've started to feel really unhealthy. (Back pain, tiredness, etc.) I would like to change my life around to avoid the type II diabetes that has plagued some of my relatives.

I hope that this community might provide me with a little extra motivation to help me stick with this lifestyle change. Would anyone like to buddy up?
Old 05-14-2005, 04:24 AM   #2  

Hi!!

Welcome to the group. I'm new here too. I was wondering what kind over program are you looking for? I started Weight Watchers online and love that program. I have been lazy this week on watching what I am eating but I will get back to it. I also exercise at Curves. I love that exercise program.

Just wondering what your plans are?
Old 05-14-2005, 04:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/212/160

Height: 5'11'

Thanks for the welcome.

I've tried Weight Watchers before and liked it. (Lost about 35 pounds on it!) However, I usually felt hungry, and tended to go over my points limit. And once I went over it, I tended to get the attitude "well I already broke my diet--might as well live it up!"

This time I decided to just do a food/exercise journal with fitday.com. I'm basically trying to stay between 1200-1600 calories and replace a lot of my excess breads/pastas with healthy veggies. I plan to do some cardio workouts and strength training, as well, mostly at home.

Good luck with your weight loss!
Old 05-14-2005, 08:53 AM   #4  

Welcome! Good luck on your goals! Lifestyle change is the way to go. If it's just a "diet" to you then all the weight will come right back when you go "off" the diet.

It sounds like you have a good plan. I am also counting calories (1600 a day or less) and doing cardio. I'm struggling with the strength training right now but I'm determined to get back to it. Make sure you drink enough water too!

Good to see you here!
AmberM
Closed Thread