Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 11:40 AM   #1  

Default I need a weightloss buddy please!

Hello,

I'm new to the group and trying to get my life on track! I lost my fiance in an accident and gained about 30-40 pounds by depressively eating. Well, adding extra weight into my life doesn't make me feel better so I decided to take back my life. I would be so grateful if someone would be my buddy so we could help each other be on track to a new beginning!

Thank you!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:44 AM   #2  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Heck yeah I'll be your buddy!! I'm so sorry to hear about your fiance. But good for your for focusing on improving your health and fitness. I know depression has played a major role in me becoming over weight. Tell us a bit more about you!! I'm 27, married, no kids (yet) and I live in "sin city". I have about 70 lbs. to lose and yesterday I actually got out of the 200's!! Woohoo I'm here to help if you need me!!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:52 AM   #3  
I believe in Futures

Hello EKane & leannealise,

I hope you're both doing well this Friday. I just posted another thread here earlier
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...883#post844883
so if you want to take a peak, you can learn a little about me. Best of luck and I'm here, ready and willing to listen, if you need a buddy along the way!
Old 05-13-2005, 01:29 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies!

It's so good to have buddies! I will fill you in on some things about me. I'm 27 also, no kids and obviously unmarried. And I live in Wisconsin. I want to reach a healthy weight. I'm doing okay on exercise, it's just the eating part!

Thanks for being my buddies!
Old 05-13-2005, 04:54 PM   #5  
Kateyj

hi there ,
I am looking for a buddy also my weight gain was from depressively eating also-so if you want to email me we could meet online to chat here once a week or so-if you want-I am doing the south beach diet
kateyj
Old 05-13-2005, 05:00 PM   #6  

Hi Kateyj-

I would love to meet online and chat! I'm getting super excited. It's so nice to know that we are all struggling. And it looks like a lot of people are having success. Now all I have to do is figure out how to put cute little rulers of weight loss up there like most people have! Have a good weekend!

E
Old 05-13-2005, 05:04 PM   #7  
I believe in Futures

Hello ladies!

I just finished my 70 minute workout on my elliptical machine. Feels good! I also just ate 6oz of yogurt, 1 mango, 1 orange for lunch. I'm trying to get more fruit in my diet. It's SO hard to get in the recommended serving of fruits everyday!! What does everyone do to make sure they get enough fruits and veggies?!
Old 05-13-2005, 05:27 PM   #8  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

Height: 5'5"

70 minutes THAT IS AWESOME!! How many servings of F/V are we supposed to have a day? I eat either a F or V or both with every meal and I eat 5 times a day. Do you think that is enough? Probably not but I kick booty in the water department!! At least 165-198oz. a day At least I'm good at something huh? Let me know how many servings of F/V I should have. Thanks!!
Old 05-14-2005, 12:11 AM   #9  
I believe in Futures

leannealise!

Two Things: First, how do you put different smiley faces on the posts? I only know smile and wink and sad hahahha. let me know. Second, I'm not sure how many servings of fruits/veggies you're suppose to have. But according to the USDA food pyramid, for someone of my age, height, sex, and physical activity, I should eat 3 cups of vegetables & 2 cups of fruit per day. You have to input personal information to get the right food pyramid now. I guess that makes it a little more accurate since every BODY is different! Check it out: http://www.mypyramid.gov/

Good job with your H2O intake! Wish I could say the same for myself! Argh. I love Propel Fitness water though and it's only 20 calories for a 16 oz bottle! Tee hee. I'll try harder with the water intake...
Closed Thread