Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 01:26 PM   #1  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Default New here

Hi I am new here and looking for a buddy have been on the Zone diet and lost 50 pounds and now cause my son has had alot of medicial problems I have gained back 7 I need to get back in. Any one needing a buddy.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:48 PM   #2  
mfb

Hi I joined today. I could stand to lose what you did but would settle for forty. Team up? mfb
Old 05-02-2005, 03:02 PM   #3  

What exactly is the zone diet?
Old 05-02-2005, 03:49 PM   #4  
Bonnie

Their are tons of books on the Zone diet. I have purchased 4 myself. I like the enter the Zone. I dont like the forums on the Zone because they have some snobbie people on their. I like the Zone I like the fact that you get to eat a variety of foods including dairy.

The Zone is where you will have a protein and a carb and a fat in egual amounts at every meal. Like for Breakfast I have 1/2 cup of egg white sub and then 3 slices of turkey bacon for the protein. Then I will have either a 1/2 cup of grapes and a 1/2 cup of steel oats for my carbs and then I will use a tiny bit of olive oil spray for my egg whites and then you have the fat in the bacon. So it will egual to 3fat 3 protein and then 3 carbs. This is controls your insulin so your body will burn fat for the energy it uses.
Check it out at drsear.com

Hey mfb I would like to team up. And for any one else that would like to join us.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #5  
Bonnie

Make a time and make a big pot of them and then freeze the oats or store them in the ref few a few days in the correct portions. So you will have them the instant as I call them are loaded with nono's Hope this works for you.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215

Height: 5'5

Smile Looking For Friends

HI MY NAME IS MISTY I AM 28 FROM SAN DIEGO I WAS SO HAPPY TO FIND THIS SITE I AM STARTING MY DIET ON MONDAY MY HUSBAND WILL BE IN IRAQ FOR 6 MONTHS I AM ABOUT 200 LBS AND WANT TO LOZE 50LBS TO WOW HIM WHEN HE COMES HOME IN NOVEMBER I ALSO HAVE A 4 MONTH OLD AND EIGHT YEAR OLD SO I NEED A DIET I CAN FEEL ENERGENTIC ON ANY BUDDIES OR SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME
Old 05-04-2005, 11:35 AM   #7  
Bonnie

Hi their Navymom76,dkredondo,jessicamt, mfb Welcome to all and How is everyone here doing. Well this has been a very busy week for me cause I have to spend alot of time in the doctors office. My son has been diagnosed with having Ankylosing Spondylitis. Witch is a joint disease that can make him cripple in years to come. He has had a virus this last couple of days and I had to take him yeasturday to the doc office and then he got worst so I had to take him back their last night and they ended up giving him two bags of IV fluids and he is feeling a little better right now so hopefully things are going to be ok . I like the Zone diet and it isnt that hard to follow if you know what to look at. I hope to hear some good things from all of you soon.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:18 PM   #8  
Bonnie

dkredondo I know what you mean I like almost all the veggies and I like the fact that you can have dairy products. Yest it has been hard I have gained back 10 pounds of the 50 I have lost but I have gotten up and been kicking but this week. My Anniversary id the 29 of June and I would like to be alot thinner here. My Bday is June 29 and I would like to be under 200 pounds for a gaol. I weighed in monday and I had gained back 10 of the pounds I had lost so it put me back to 237 and I got on this scale this morning and I have already lost 5 pounds of it I have beeb working very very hard this week.

Have you been on the Zone site I dont like their chat forums cause the people on their are real rude. I cannot help how much my body looses in a week . I know they say You have to eat all this food but If My body is telling me Iam full I wont eat no more why be miserable cause you over stuffed youself. I jest didnt like the attitudes their. So I found this site. So far I like it. Well Hope to hear from you again.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #9  
Tish Ann

Hey there!! I just joined the site today and am also looking for buddies to support and to be supported myself in the never-ending weight loss endevor. three years ago I lost 103 lbs. I was 25 lbs. from goal when i got pregnant with baby #5. Anyway... I gained back 60 lbs and I am having the most difficult time getting the last 50 to go away. I have upped my water, lowered my food intake, lowered my sugar intake. moved a bit too, but it is not budging. Any ideas and support would be greatly appreciated. PS I just love the name of this site!!
Old 05-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #10  
Bonnie

Tish Ann Welcome to the group. Yes I love the name too. I think It fits well. Well Before I could give you suggestion I would have to know what you are doing. I am on the Zone It has worked for me so far I have lost 50 pounds and then I gained back 10 cause my son has had alot of medical problems and Iam back to give it another shot.

You would be suspried the foods that have sugar in them and you dont know it even alot of salt. You can check out the Zone site it is Dr Sears.com or Zone.com I forget witch. I jest dont like their chat forums their.

I will be more then happy to help out I jest need to know what you are doing if you are on a plan or doing yourself . Jest let me know.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:35 PM   #11  

Hello, I'm brand new as of a minute ago...

*sigh* this is the first post i've visited, so what exactly are we all gathered for?
Old 05-13-2005, 08:29 AM   #12  
Bonnie

We are talking about the Zone Diet by Dr Sears.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:29 AM   #13  
Tish Ann

I have not tried the Zone diet yet. I had success before on the Weight Watchers Points program. I have tried that several times in the past two years to get a jump start, but it has not been working. I am, as of right now, trying to do it on my own by watching portions and not eating junk food. I also am not snacking in between meals unless I am truly VERY hungry. I eat normal food portions and try to get a good balance of nutrients during the day. I am going to my doctor tomorrow to get a check up and I am going to see about getting my thyroid checked, just to make sure that isn't the problem. I have other symptoms that point that direction, such as hair falling out, always tired, joint pain, always cold, dry skin. and a few others. I just want to find a solution so i can feel better and be able to be active with my kids.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #14  
Tish Ann

hey, i just set up my little weight tracker thingy.... These are so neat!!
Old 05-16-2005, 10:56 AM   #15  
Tish Ann

man, oh, man, it didn't show up on here... now i gotta go see why it didn't.
Closed Thread