Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 05:57 PM   #1  

Default here's my story (buddy also needed)

My name is Christine I am a sahm of 2 girls and I have a real issue the last year with food. I can't stop eating. I am fine as long as I just don't eat but we all know that's not going ot help.
The second I start eating I can't seem to stop. Even when I am full I can't seem to stop eating.
I want to try Over eaters Anon but (and no offense) I just can't handle the religious thing right now. I am putting back together parts of my life and some of that has to do with religion so I'm just not ready for it yet.
I also have been diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which doesn't help with the weight issue.
I started gaining after my 2nd child was born (i have had 3 babies but my first baby I put up for adoption..LONG story). Anyway, after my 2nd child I started to pack on weight and couldn't take it off. It wasn't much maybe 25 pounds (oks a lot but not devistating). I just ignored it for way too long.
Now I am 252 pounds and just SICK of myself. I can't handle it anymore and I want to change it but HOW, How do you change compulsive eating and over eating. I have a gym membership and use it but not every day. I have been known to let life get in the way and let it be an excuse. I wont allow that anymore. I always put others (hubby,kids,no sitter) ahead of me. I think what I need to do is change gyms and start going to one with a day care but I don't want to pay what they charge. Anyway, I really could use a buddy to listen and to not bite their lip. I am also a great listener. My story as I am sure all of yours doesn't end here..it's LONG LONG LONG.
Thanks for listening
Christine (30)
Old 04-14-2005, 06:44 PM   #2  

hey christine! your story sounds alot like mine
you should check out the support groups. there are lots of groups to choose from. they're all wonderful.!!!
i love your daughters names!
feel free to pm me and i'll pm you my email address. we can cheer each other on and support each other
Old 04-14-2005, 11:22 PM   #3  

Thanks so much for reaching out. Also thanks about my girls names. Most cant pronounce Tesla or Phaedra (i think they are easy but hey lol)
Old 04-15-2005, 06:07 PM   #4  

come join us

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=56138&page=5
Old 04-18-2005, 12:21 AM   #5  
LBTEPA

HI Christine!
Welcome and good on you for coming online - I think getting support is the first step to achieving your goals. I'd love to be your buddy if you want! I put on weight while I was having IVF treatment and then during my miracle pregnancy. A lot of it has come off but not all - but that's a long story. You change habits like overeating one day or one hour at a time. The main thing is to keep believing that you can get to where you want to- even if it's 2 steps forward, 1.5 steps back - we all have those days/weeks/months! Especially as you are dealing with a new baby and a school-age child. I am very impressed that you have decided to put your own health first. Really that is so important, as you are better able to care for others if you care for yourself. Have you had all your blood tests done? Iron deficiency and thyroid imbalance can affect your mood, your metabolism and your ability to control your weight - I've been there and done both of them, and they both went a bit crazy after I had my daughter, it's quite common for your hormones to go mad postnatally. I found that exercise - even popping my little one into the pram and going for a short walk - helps with my food cravings. Good on you for going to the gym - I know how hard it can be to get out of the house when you have a little one. I borrowed an exercise bike and even though I don't really enjoy it, having it in the house means I am more likely to get on it, and you can take advantage of a shorter time-gap (eg going to the gym takes 90 min, the bike takes 25min). I read trashy novels or mags when I'm pedalling away - it's a bit of 'me-time' which I'm sure you need!! Just one other thing before this turns into a novel - making sure that as far as possible you just don't have binge-foods in the house (for me it's chips, for my DH it's chocolate and ice-cream) helps with damage control. Bingeing on rice crackers, wholegrain bread, microwaved veggies and low-fat yoghurt is better than what I could be eating!
Anyway Christine, keep moving, keep drinking heaps of water, and keep at it. I know you can get there.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:13 PM   #6  

thank you so much for the reply. A lot of what you said will likely help me.
I know I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)which can effect you much like a thyroid condition. I plan to have them checked again because it's been a while since I was diagnosed. I also started going to overeaters anon meetings. I know IO have real issues with my food in the last 2 yrs I would say. I would LOVE a buddy.
Thanks so much.
Chrisitne
Closed Thread