Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #16  

Default Morning Kim

Two of my grandaughters go to that camp, they love it.

What kind of diet are you doing? The low-fat I am on sure is slow.
I am prone to having snack attacks in the late evening., use to grab something sweet or chips when this hit - now I do eat fruit. Not having bread is hard too, it's hard on my hubby as well - he sure does'nt need to lose any.
And of course, being from Georgia he loves cornbread, haven't heard if that is bad or not.
I am thinking about joining curves, I have heard they are really good and have exercises for people with limitations.

Have a good day, Barbara
Old 04-20-2005, 02:37 PM   #17  
mom5kidz

Barbara - the Dr. and a dietician has me on a diet - I can have bread, but only a Oat or Bran, no wheat or white. Thankfully I like all types of breads. I'm not a big bread eater but I do like a sandwich every now and then.

Today is my fruit and veggie day - NO MEAT. And again my upbringing helps with that. My mother is a Vegetarian.

My DH LOVES bread and thinks we should have it with every single meal. ARG! I don't eat bread, except with a sandwich. So sometimes I will just put the loaf bread on the table.

I walk. I can't afford to join CURVES. I just go up the street and walk or I walk on the dam.

I have learned, thru this diet, to grab fruit when I get hungry, during the nighttime cravings. It's not easy but if I can do it, then you can. I am a eater that eats just to eat. I don't even have to be hungry and I will eat.

All that has changed since being on this new diet tho. I have to make myself eat now. And I like that. I haven't eaten anything today. My tummy isn't feeling well. But I'm fixing to go eat me some peaches and an apple.

kim
Old 04-21-2005, 02:49 PM   #18  

Default Hey Kim

My doc just gave me a list of dos and don'ts for the cholestrol. he never set me up with a dietician. I can have the same breads as you - I just leave it off to help lose weight.

I used to eat just to be eating too. Used to go all day withoout thinking about food, but when I did start eating - I didn't stop!
I make myself sit down and eat lunch now. I have raw veggies and fruit and sometimes I make myself a sandwich.

Changing these life-time habits is a hard road to go - but it will sure be worth it.

I haven't checked out the prices at Curves, if it's that expensive I won't be going either.lol. I use the treadmill and the steps. I just think I would do better with a group.

Barbara
Closed Thread