Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 12:10 PM   #1  
Support soccer in the USA

Default Another newbie here

I'm 29 and weigh 208.5 and wear a size 20. I'm only 5'2" so I don't carry all these extra pounds well at all.
I started my weight loss journey 65 days ago and started out at 234 pounds.

The methods I've used so far is writing down every single thing I eat (dietminder journal has been a life saver!) and I keep it to roughly 1200 calories per day. I walk 2 miles a day and bike (stationary bike) for 2 miles a day.

My weakness is definitely chocolate. Though, I've found the fat free Jell-o pudding has hit my "chocolate fix" spot just fine.

My biggest concern on this journey is support and motiviation. I don't come from an overweight family at all and nearly all my friends are of a normal weight.

I'm definitely interested in getting to know people who are going through the same things and learning from other people and maybe I'll have something useful to pass on too.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:54 PM   #2  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Welcome to the board SoccerGirl

Ditto on noting down what you eat in a journal. It's a good way IMHO to make sure you don't overeat... like me, you probably just don't want to write about -that-? *lol*
Old 03-23-2005, 03:07 PM   #3  

Haha,
Well it's become a habit that I don't mind much. But I'll tell you, it's the best weight loss aid I've ever invested in (and it was only $15).
Old 03-23-2005, 03:33 PM   #4  
Movin' right along...

Welcome! I have found that writing my food intake down really helps too!

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-23-2005, 03:34 PM   #5  
Movin' right along...

Oh! Congrats on your weight loss!
Old 03-23-2005, 04:15 PM   #6  
DJ

Ditto on the congrats Jess, something tells me you are determined and will succeed.
I just met someone this morning that lost 123 lbs, so I know you can hit your goal to
Old 03-23-2005, 04:32 PM   #7  

Hey, thanks guys! The encouragement is much appreciated.
ChubbyVixen, I have to say I am encouraged by your picture in your avatar. You look great! If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?

Right now I am obsessed with knowing what people look like and what size they are wearing at different weights.

For me, even though I've lost 26 pounds and my clothes are too big, I don't feel like I LOOK any different. That's the tough part for me. I do get dissapointed when I look in the mirror and feel like I look the exact same as I did 26 pounds ago.

This is me at my heaviest (hard to really tell I suppose)
I'm second from the left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Troy.jpg (19.4 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by SoccerGirl; 03-23-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:58 PM   #8  

I had a small success today.
I went to Lane Bryant to try on clothes to see what size I am. I decided to just grab an 18 not thinking it would fit and it did! I was super excited...
So I tried on a few more 18's just to make sure it wasn't a fluke and they all fit.

Today is a good day!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:10 PM   #9  
DJ

Yeah 18 way to go, before you know it you will be in a 16, then a 14 and.......... so don't buy to many new things yet
Old 03-24-2005, 08:40 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Yeah 18 way to go, before you know it you will be in a 16, then a 14 and.......... so don't buy to many new things yet
Thanks!
I was thinking the same thing about not buying too many new clothes because they'll be too big in another month. That part is very frustrating.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:41 PM   #11  

Welcome Soccergirl! I'm new as well A little trick I use for my chocolate cravings is No Pudge Brownies. They taste awesome and have no fat at all and they only have 120 calories each. Just a little suggestion for the next time the chocolate craving strikes!!

Autumn
Old 03-25-2005, 08:00 AM   #12  
Movin' right along...

Hey soccergirl!! How are you today?

That picture of me and my husband was taken about 8 months after I started gaining weight. I went from 120 lbs to 175 lbs in less than 2 years. I'm only 5'2", my husband was sitting on a bar stool and I was wearing 4" heels that night.

I think its hard for us to tell if we've lost weight. Other people can tell though. You have lost a good amount of weight! Just give it time, you'll see it soon.

I am really not a huge fan of chocolate. I know, its unamerican! I just never have like it too much. Too rich. Usually once a month , I will get a craving for chocolate or something sweet. I found these fat free chocolate pudding cups by kraft. I just eat one of those!

Love,
Deanne
Closed Thread