Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 02:29 AM   #1  

Default New and Saying Hi

Hello everyone. I just joined this forum and thought that I'd just start by saying "Hi". I've got quite a bit of weight to loss (at 250 pounds right now, want to be at 140 some day) so I've got quite a bit of a long haul ahead of me.

Losing weight usually isn't easy, but I am hoping that hearing from others who are in the same boat might make it easier. Plus I just like to gab on web forums. Anyways, I look forward to being a part of this community!
Old 03-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #2  

Default Hi

I'm also new to this and I see that we have close to the same amount to lose to reach our goal. I am on-line alot so would be available to give and get some much needed support. Good Luck!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 01:52 PM   #3  

Good luck to you too! I think I will need some support, and I hope I can give it as well. I know from past dieting attempts that I tend to do well for about a month, then just get real fustrated and quit. I'm taking it slower this time, and have been at it over a month now, so I'm hopeful that it will work better this time.

I look forward to seeing more from you on the forum!
Old 03-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #4  
One day at a time

Hi I am new here as well. Good luck to you!
Old 03-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #5  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi there tealeaf and bhteach!

You both sound like me! I have about the same amount of weight to lose (roughly 100 pounds, maybe a few more--but would be happy with that!). I started at 255 (can't believe I have let my weight climb so high!). And since this Monday I have been doing really good. Even in the past few weeks I was doing good for me. First I started by cutting back and not overeating. Then this Monday I have really taken things seriously--been drinking my water, choosing healthy meals and snacks and even exercised twice already! Woohoo! Slowly but surely.

I have had my downfalls as well, where I do good for a while and then fall off the wagon. But rather then looking at that as the end of the road that defines me, I am taking that as lessons learned and moving on with it. I know I can do it, and I have to do it...I am not getting any younger and I want to be healthy!

What kind of plan are you both following? I am using what I learned at Weight Watchers and eating mini-meals through the day that are healthy. It has helped to keep those dreaded hungry munchie monsters from coming out! One day at a time!
Old 03-10-2005, 03:07 PM   #6  
Must..... drop.... #####

Hi tealeaf! I'm new here too
Old 03-10-2005, 03:20 PM   #7  
Bread is my Enemy.

Hi tealeaf, tkay and beatnik! Welcome, nice to have you. This place will help you tremedously on your way to weight loss. I just started my self but been here for about 2 weeks and I've learned so much and when I want to quit I come here and learn. Its a great, great program, get comfy cuz you are gonna be here a while.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:41 PM   #8  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I'm pretty new as well, but in the words of many others: Hi, and welcome!
Old 03-11-2005, 02:01 PM   #9  

Thanks for the replies everyone. I certainly do feel pretty welcomed!

Karen, I'm on the No Particular Diet At All plan, which obviously is of my making. What I am doing is simply eating less than I did, and exercising more. I'm doing things like eating more whole grains foods, drastically cutting down on my soda, eating alot of salads with lower calorie dressing, and alot more veggies.

I'm also doing the mini-meals things, eating every two or three hours if I can manage it. It does seem to help with the "I'm Starving!" feeling I sometimes get.

But sometimes I'm bad and still pig out on bad stuff like potato chips and licorish. But I'm getting a little better at that!
Old 03-13-2005, 01:53 PM   #10  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies!

How is everyone doing? I did good this first week of committing to my healthy eating--I have lost 6.5 pounds! Yeah! I expect to slow down--but as long as it goes down that is a good thing. I did allow myself "one indulgence meal" yesterday--that is my plan to allow for moderation and eating a craving food--but not all day and only one meal, one day of the week. I think that will help.

I am getting ready to go to some shopping and restock some healthy favorites. Today, I am planning on finding a good crock pot recipe for tomorrow evening since it will be an extremely busy day and I want to make sure we eat right. This past week I got addicted to fruit smoothies in a place called Tropical Smoothie by my office. That is a good thing--since they are made with all natural fruit and have the option for using splenda. According to my old WW points that I checked on www.dwlz.com each smoothie is between 2 and 4 points. And they fill me up and I sip on them most of the afternoon. Yummy. They have really been a big help. Instead of going for chips and soda--I am filling up on fruit. Who would have known that I could get addicted to something healthy vs. something thats just plain junk! Yeah! I bought some frozen fruit to try some out at home with a smoothie maker. I think they will be a good thing this summer as well.

Tealeaf--I am doing a similar thing you are doing, as far as eating less and more frequently with mini-meals. I also do use some info that I know from Weight Watchers materials, but don't calculate my points every day. But I do know that the point values will indicate to me the balance between calories/fat/fiber. The foods higher in fiber with low calories are always a good option for filling up and provide a fuller feeling.

Well, I am off to shop and prepare for the week. I hope everyone is staying on track and keeping motivated. Keep posting--even if you feel a little of course! It is okay, just jump back on and keep pushing forward! Rah rah rah! That is my little cheerleading for the day!

Closed Thread