Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 01:22 PM   #1  

Smile Newbie from Arkansas

HI everyone. I'm new here. This is my first post. For the last week or so, I've been reading a lot of the posts. They have been very inspiring to me. You have all done so well. I'm 21 years old. I'm currently a junior in college studying to be a Preschool-4th grade teacher. I'm also a care bear collector. About two years ago, I lost between 50-55 pounds. I was doing so great. Then I gained it all back, plus some. January 22nd I tried the ear staple acupuncture thing. It hurt me pretty bad. So I lost 7 pounds in 3 days. Then nothing. It became loose and no longer worked. So I went back to the doctor and he took that one out and put in another one. Oh man did that hurt. This one too only worked for a couple days and I didn't loose any weight. So I started exercising. I've been doing the George Foreman walking dvds. On February 22nd I started taking Leptopril. I also bought a treadmill 5 days ago. I have been doing 30 minutes a day over 1.5 miles since I've had it. I have to take my time and build slowly. Since the 22nd I have lost ten more pounds. Now I'm down 18 total. I've been drinking a lot fo water and the leptopril really helps me with my cravings and seems to give me energy. I really hope that I have found something that will work this time. I'm trying to learn to eat right so that this time I can keep the weight off. I still have a long way to go to get to my goal. But who knows, by the time I get there I may decide that I am comfortable at a higher weight. I can't even remember the last time that I weighed what my goal is now. I just wanted to say I'm so glad I found this place. I look forward to getting to know you all better.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:26 PM   #2  

Ooops almost forgot. My boyfriend of almost two years proposed before Christmas. We will be married when I finish school. I truly believe he is one of the good ones. He has helped me and encouraged me so far in my journey. Bye
Old 03-01-2005, 02:38 PM   #3  

Hello, fellow Arkie!
Old 03-01-2005, 03:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/133

Height: 5'7"

Hi there! Just wanted to say good luck on journey!! Siunds like you have a wonderful man and a lot of good things to look forward to. Best wishes and keep in touch!
Ann
Old 03-01-2005, 03:33 PM   #5  
No Uno Mas?

Hello,
I wish you all the best. I'm also studying to be a teacher. I'm looking at the 1st grade as my focus.
Oh, I do have an original Care Bear metal lunchbox

Take Care
Old 03-01-2005, 04:07 PM   #6  

Good luck on your journey!
I am also new and love to hear the stories from everyone around here.
Later!
Old 03-01-2005, 04:47 PM   #7  

Hi! I'm from Arkansas too! I just wanted to say a warm welcome from Conway. I hope you'll love it here at 3fc as much as I have, it's a wonderful place for support. Good luck on your journey!!

Beverly
Old 03-02-2005, 01:23 AM   #8  

Thanks for the good wishes everybody. It makes me feel so much better to come here and see that so many people are doing exactly what I want to do. It is nice to meet you all. I'm not sure how far Conway is from me. I've been there but it was awhile ago. I just know it is a long drive. I think it is really neat to meet people from Arkansas on here. Last week my sister and mom helped me take my measurements. Tonight we took them again. I didn't know if it would change any but it did. I lost a total of 7 1/2 inches. I can't wait to lose more. I have to go now, homework and treadmill to do.
Talk to you all later.
Closed Thread