Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 05:29 PM   #1  
Adam

Default I am a new member...

I think from what I have noticed so far that I am one of the only guys? Oh well, My name is Adam, I live in Rhode Island... I started trying to lose weight in April of last year, the 26th to be exact. I started at 355, and went on a no carb diet. My weight loss on that diet leveled off at about 300lbs at the end of July. I stopped the diet because it seemed to have stopped also. I currently weigh as of today 289...Which I was also at around Christmas. So I have been able to hold off any major weight gain.
I think after doing the no carb diet and losing so much so quickly, I have grown very disapointed in my results to date. I recently purchased a Pedometer, and am using it with a friend who is fairly active (he works, I don't) and I try and meet or surpass his steps for the day daily...I have been walking and exercising daily.
I think Monday, I weighed 293, yesterday I had 18,650 steps, the day before 18,250. I usually eat breakfast of 2 eggs and toast, then lunch I have slim fast, and then dinner (this week) I have been eating "3 cups of food" A cup of a vegetable, a cup of meat, and a cup of starch. I don't know really what I am doing though.
My daily schedule is wake up at 6:10 Go for walk at beach usually averaging 1,000 steps (today I locked my keys and cellphone in the truck....6,000 steps) Then I go to the gym and do an average of 15mins of cardio, and weightlift for about 30mins....needless to say as of late I am becoming pretty active.
I have a 38inch waist (pants below gut) I wear an extra large tall shirt, I have a very large body frame,I am 6ft tall.. oh and green eyes ....I have been excited because I stopped needing to shop at Big and Tall (usually I can find my tall shirts in most stores) I am not sure what else is needed in my introduction, or if I put way to much...

On the interest side of my personal info, I am very interested in Photography, and Nature and animals, I have many pets. I am 19, oh I enjoy travel. I have been to Ireland, American and Western Samoa...(Hawaii for a day), Poland twice... That is it so far, anxiously awaiting replies, and support in my weight loss endevers....I am not really sure of what my ending weight goal should be, as I said I have a large body frame, and I am prettysure a large muscle mass already, so the websites I have used to gauge a good end weight seem a little off.

Adam
Old 02-19-2005, 04:49 AM   #2  
i luv my dog!

HI Adam and welcome to the boards.You've come to a good place. You'll be able to find lots of support, info, recipes, and new friends here. There many men who come here but they don't always post a lot. There are two active guys in the 100lb. club forum,tough, frenchiepolarbear and Howie.

Congrats on your weight loss so far and exercising. Keep up the good work. The only suggestion I would make is to ditch the slim fast and have real food for lunch. You should be getting more veggies. Perhaps a chef salad (not too much dressing :-) or something else seasonal that you like.

Once again, welcome. We're glad to have you join our great group.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Adam!!

It's always good to meet new people whether they're male or female......so don't be shy and just join us anywhere!!

Excellent job on the weight loss so far!! You are to be congratulated!!

You're doing a great job at exercising!! That's so wonderful that you're staying active. As for the eating...I'm no expert, but I think w/as active as you are, that maybe you should eat a little more than what you allow yourself. As mentioned....ditch the slimfast and give your body the food it needs. Veggies is a good choice. And make sure that you're drinking lots of water to keep your body hydrated. When you exercise a lot.....you're body needing it. You could always go to the forum "Ladies (and Gents) who lift" and get some better advice on exercising and the right foods to eat to keep you healthy.

I hope we get to hear more from you and how your progress is coming along. You're going to do a great job!!

Once again...welcome and congratulations!!
Closed Thread