Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-01-2005, 11:29 PM   #1  

Default New Here and in need of help

OK.. Well I'm a mother of three age's 4yrs, 3yrs, and 4 month's i'm 22 years old and i'm so sick of being fat. It's like i have been 198 forever my sale don't move, I really want to lose weight (docto's oder too) but i just can't seem to stay on a diet or anything for the matter all i want to do is eat cause thats all i did when i was pregnant. And i eat when im stressed witch is not good for me, and i'm always drinking soda left and right like every 5 mins i have one. So if there is someone out there that can help me please cause i really need it,
Sweet_Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:25 AM   #2  

Arrow

Hi, I'm glad you posted because I'm looking for a buddy as well, and I was hoping to find someone who was kinda close to my age! I'm not the kind of person who wants to bore her (skinny) friends with talk about food, how great it feels to have a good day, or how proud I am that I went to the gym... Somehow they never seem to understand the feeling! That's why I'm looking around on here to find someone to talk to who knows what I'm going through.

Anyhow, I'm Sarah, I'm 21, and right now I'm at 155. My top weight was about 2 years ago, I think it was around 185-190 or so (I was never completely sure because I was definately avoiding the scale at that point!!) The past few weeks have been a nightmare of me being unable to control myself -- it sounds similar to what you were talking about. I would sit there, stuffing my face, and think about how disgusted I was at myself for not being able to stop eating chips, bagels, super-buttered popcorn. 2 days ago I finally said, "This has GOT to stop." And now here I am... We'll see how it goes!

Anyway, if you're still interested in having a buddy, I'd love to help you through and get help from you as well! I'm hoping that if I have someone who I have to be accountable to, it'll keep me in check, and I'm sure the opposite is true,too.

Well, let me know what you think...

-Sarah
On-Belay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:27 PM   #3  

Sure i would love to be you're buddy.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:25 PM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

my bf switched to diet soda and lost 20 lbs.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:27 PM   #5  

I was told diet soda don't do anything (told by my doctor).

But if you're husband lost 20lbs it's got to work.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:56 AM   #6  

Oh my god. I'm totally pissed. I just wrote out this really nice post for you, just saying hi, telling you about myself, commenting about the soda thing, asking you what you're like... and guess what happened... I'm sure you can tell by the fact that the post isn't on here. Stupid computer froze up & I lost it...

Grrrr

-Sarah

I'll try to write something similar in a minute, I gotta vent & try not to kick my "innocent" computer for a bit. Lol.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #7  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

I just wanted to comment that I am shocked that your doctor would say switching to diet soda wouldn't do anything for you... Especially if you drink as much as you make it sound like. By switching to diet soda, you will eliminate hundreds of empty calories from your diet, which is most definitely a good thing. As a matter of fact when I talked to my doctor about losing wieght she suggested that I drink diet soda if I was a soda drinker (which I'm not). Maybe if you can switch to diet, you'll be able to make the switch to water more often than soda. Getting in enough water is a huge help I find. It stops you from retaining water if you are constantly replenishing yourself.

With 3 little ones to chase around I'm sure the exercise part comes easily

Here's wishing you all the will-power you need and then some!

Last edited by JEO1982; 02-03-2005 at 10:37 AM.
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:09 PM   #8  

Well when i go shopping i try to remember deit soda and water. Do any of you know any good Exercieing tape's? That stink's i hate when my computer frezze's up too i could just through it out the window stupied think.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:21 PM   #9  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Kisses
Well when i go shopping i try to remember deit soda and water. Do any of you know any good Exercieing tape's? That stink's i hate when my computer frezze's up too i could just through it out the window stupied think.
walk away the lbs 4 mile express! leslie sansone's.....
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:40 PM   #10  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

I have several tapes that I like... "Crunch - Pick your spot Pilates: Belly, Butt Thighs", Bellydancing Fitness for Beginners, and a hula dancing one... I use these for variety when I don't feel like going to Curves or when I feel like something extra

Last edited by JEO1982; 02-03-2005 at 12:49 PM.
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #11  

Im thinking about joining one of are weight gym's we have here. We get a pass from my df work's so we don't have to pay regural price just need someone to go with.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:20 AM   #12  

If you have a "Curves" in your area, think about joining up with them... I'm sure a lot of ladies on these forums can attest to it being a much better gym than the run-of-the-mill kind. I like the fact that it's women only... and none of them are gym bunnies, so you don't have to compare yourself with someone unrealistic. It's a great atmosphere...really friendly. When I joined up 2 years ago I lost 11 lbs my first month!! (Of course, then I stopped going and gained it all back! Ooops!)

And as for the soda, definately do the diet thing... I think regular sodas have somewhere around 120-150 calories per can (Coke has 140) and most diet sodas have zero... so it adds up to a lot of saved calories! If you can manage to drink water instead (I always thought of water as really boring) do that, because even if diet soda has less cals, it's still not "healthy".

I'm still tripping up on the breads... I'm not on a low-carb diet (not a believer in those!) but I know I eat way too many bagels, cereal, pasta, crackers to be good for me. Better than fast food & chips, I suppose, but still. The other thing that always gets me is late-night snacking... it's got to be the WORST time to eat, because you go to sleep right afterwards and your body doesn't get the chance to burn much of the extra calories, so they get stored for good... Any ideas on how to avoid midnight snacks??

-Sarah

Old 02-04-2005, 12:06 PM   #13  

No help on midnight snack's i eat them myself and i know i shouldn't. Im board so i eat not good. We just got a curves in this area, so that's good i should go join we have three gym's to chosse from.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #14  

Hey girls My name is Amy and I am 26 years old. I have one son, whose 4 and I work a somewhat stressful job as a nurse in a long-term care facility. My problem sounds like some of you guys. I am not what you would consider "obese", I weigh around 175 and have been stuck here for over four years. I've lost a little, then gained it back through programs such as Weight Watchers and TOPS. I have bought Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss Challenge book and haven't read but three or four chapters so far. My biggest pitfall is that I just love food!! I obsess about it. I plan my day around it! If I'm going out somewhere I am trying to figure out where I want to stop to get something to eat, or if I'm going to a party I'm trying to figure out what kind of food will be there. Pretty pathetic huh?! I seriously want to try to lose about 25 lbs by May so I won't feel like a porker when I go to the beach with my husband. I hate trying to suck in my fat around people or worrying about my fat back rolls. I do have a couple of the Walk Away the Pounds tapes and if I could commit myself to doing them they are actually pretty easy, you don't have to be a fitness guru to figure out the moves. Anyways, if any of you come across some useful tips that would be great. I have made the switch to diet sodas and need to work on getting in some water.

Amy
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #15  

Oh, by the way, I'm not on my computer every day so If you reply and I don't answer right away don't think I'm being rude.. I will try to check in atleast two or three times a week.

Amy

Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote