Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #1  

Smile Newbie needing friends!!

I am new here to the community. I am a 22 year old mommy to a 3 year old. I just recently started weight watchers on January 4th and have lost a total of 13 pounds. I learned of this website through my class and find it very interesting.I have found myself addicted to this site. I am just looking for people to talk to and have a good time. I weighed in at 186 on first weigh in and now weigh 173. My reasonable goal weight is 150 and would like to get down to 135. I would just like to find people in the same boat as I am in and look to eachother for encouragement. I hope all goes well with everyone!
Old 01-30-2005, 02:26 PM   #2  

Default Hello :)

Hello, how are you? It sounds like you're doing great on the weight watchers program! My name is Amy and I am a 26 year old mother of a very active 4 year old little boy. I work part-time as a nurse and have been struggling with my weight for years. I am currently about 175 and would love to be somewhere between 135-145, I feel this would be a healthy weight for me. I am not doing any particular program right now. However, I did buy Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss Challenge book and so far it has been pretty eye-opening. You see, I don't eat because I am trying to fill a void or overcoming some type of depression. I mainly eat b/c I get pleasure from eating.. It tastes good so I eat it! LOL I also find myself eating out of boredom. I have a couple of Leslie Sansome's Walk Away the Pounds tapes which are collecting dust right now, but I plan on making a conscious effort to do them atleast 3 times a week. I have dozens of excuses as to why I haven't been able to achieve any significant weight loss but the bottom line is I just get frustrated and give in to temptation. If you have any helpful pointers or tips let me know and I will try to do the same. Keep up the good work, feel free to respond!

Amy
Closed Thread