Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 11:30 AM   #1  

Talking Hello..new here

Hello, my name is Christina and this is my first post here. I am in the military and really need to lose some weight. I have been yoyo ing for about 5 years now and my weight always goes up even more. I have committed myself to going to curves at least 3 times a week but the food commitment is harder. My husband is very fit (he's in the infantry) and I have a 14mo old so they love to eat...in turn I eat with them.
My husband is going to Korea for over a year and leaves in March. My goal is for him not to recognize me when he comes back.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not losing the weight for him, I'm losing it for me. I feel that my self esteem has vanished since having my daughter. In 1999 I graduated basic training at 123lbs. When I got pregnant in 2003 I was 160lbs. So I slowly gained about 10lbs a year. I am back down to 163 so I a did lose all the "baby weight" but now I'm stuck. I don't want to do any fad diets because they never work for me. I have decided to go on a 1200 calorie a day diet... well thats enough for now...I hope there is someone out there that can help motivate me and I can motivate them!!

Last edited by tekylla; 01-29-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:15 PM   #2  
Flower Fan 86

Hello Tekylla!
This is a good place to start. Lots of nice people here.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:20 PM   #3  
Dedicated Fun Wife/Mom

Hi Christina!!
I'd be happy to be a buddy! I've found a few great new friends on here and I think you'll find some too. I'm 25 with a 4 year old and I'm currently at 162 looking to even hit a first goal of 150 lbs. I used to weigh 218 after the birth of our son. So I know EXACTLY where you are. Lost the baby weight but not good enough for YOU. And what YOU think of yourself is most important. Question - obviously with your hubby leaving he won't be there to support you but what does he think when he is around. Whether we all like it or not - our hubbies play a big role in self-esteem and weight loss. I totally feel you on wanting to look good for his return. I'm trying to look good for a vacation in 5 months. Isn't it amazing how "looking good" plays such a big role in feeling good!!! Anyway - I'm a totally upbeat person who also doesn't do the fad diet thing. Good ole fashioned excercise and watching the calories. I'm send you a private message with my email if you want to me email buds.
Closed Thread