Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #1  

Default Wisconsin could be 85 pounds lighter

Hi im Rono 5ft 10in 265 pounds looking to get to 180 pounds. I have tried finding support from others on similar forums and have not had much luck. If anyone would like to try to (keep in touch for the long haul) I would sure like a long term buddy. A little about myself.
I am a 31 year old male married with 4 kids. I live in Sheboygan, WI. (This isnt just for females is it?)

My weight problems started about 6 years ago and just kept getting worse. I guess I pretty much know what Im doing wrong however I could use some support to try to stay on track to good health. I am not so much concerned with my appearance as I am with actually living healthy.
If anyone would like to be a buddy let me know.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:17 AM   #2  
Mous

Good for you.

This will be a change that will make you happy inside and out.

You can do this with a positive attitude and common sense.

Smaller portions
One day, one meal
Support
Throw out the word diet and replace it with health
Remember to put you first
Read
Learn
and Impliment what you learn.

You CAN and WILL do this,

Windsong
Old 01-25-2005, 08:39 AM   #3  

You GO, Rono! I'm in Wisconsin, too, and together we could make Wisconsin 105 pounds lighter. I have 30 pounds I want to lose -- as of today, 28 more to go.

You can do this -- TODAY. Every day gives us a new chance to eat healthily, get out there and move, change our focus to the positive....and I am deciding to do that today. It makes it less overwhelming to take it one day at a time. And, like last night when I got home from work at 9:30 or so and was feeling my usual "I want a snack" thing, I decided that I could DO this and not eat after 7 p.m. And I did it, and I feel proud. It's all worth it this morning.

How can I be helpful as a Wisconsin buddy?

Let me know how you do today and I will share with you, too!

Trish
Old 01-26-2005, 02:46 PM   #4  

Thanks for the replys and info I guess my biggest problem is procrastination I pretty much know what I'm doing wrong however I just say Ill start doing what I need to on Monday and then next Monday then next Monday etc.etc. If you have any suggestions on how to just get through the first few weeks I would sure appreciate it . Thanks Rono
Old 01-26-2005, 03:52 PM   #5  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Good afternoon Rono!

The first few weeks are definitely the toughest, I'm not going to lie to you, but you can definitely do this... I think the easiest way to get through is to start the moment you say you are going to "start on Monday" and make the first necessary change. Once you've stuck with that a while more onto your next change. Don't do it all at once or you might discourage yourself.

I am a procastinator myself and I kept putting off until tomorrow until one day I looked in the mirror and ask myself what I was waiting for and just jumped in with both feet. One thing I know I thought sounded dumb, but I actually found works well, is a food/fitness journal where you write down every single thing you eat. Sometimes just the thought that you are gonna have to write it down is all the discouragement you need of eatting x,y,z that you know you shouldn't.

Best of luck in your weight loss journey!

P.S. Keep in mind that even the duck who walks 3 steps forward and 2 steps back will eventually make their goal! Don't beat yourself up over a small slip up and turn it into a huge fall from the wagon.
Closed Thread