Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 01:17 AM   #1  
~In my own little world~

Red face Hello everyone, I'm new here

Hello, my name is Tracy and I'm the SAHM to 3 kiddos. They range in ages from 9, 4, and 2. The 2 year old is my little boy and the other two are my special girls. I've been married almost 14 years to a wonderful hardworking man. I'm turning 35 this year.

I've always battled my weight but seemed to be able to gain and lose with little effort. That is till I had my second DD. I was put on meds for depression and that packed the pounds on. Then after becoming pregnant with my son, I was extremely sick and that brought on even more meds. I am happy to say that I am med free now except for my vitamins and a Lupron shot I am getting every 4 weeks due to problems that my scheduled hysterectomy will fix.

I have set a goal of 180 but I would love to lose even more. I have lost 30 pounds since the first of October. It has been lots of hard work but I do feel better. I'm not sure where I fit in around here but I hope to find my way. I am sure to be in the old fashioned section. As I am counting calories and fat. I love my exercise bike and my treadmill along with my 10 minute workout video. It's great to be here.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:20 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Tracy!!

How wonderful that you have already lost 30lbs!! That's fantastic. You're obviously on the right track to losing weight.

You have come to a great place for support and friendship. So many different forums to browse through and post at. Please don't hesitate to post if you see something that interest you!

Good luck to you for the rest of your journey, you're doing a great job so far, and I hope to see more of you.

PM me anytime you would like to "chat"

Once again...."Welcome!!"
Old 01-15-2005, 03:56 PM   #3  

Default Hello

Hi Tracy,
I am also a 35 year old mother of three, opposite birth order though. Just wanted to let you know I went through the Lupron shots and a hysterectomy in the past year. If you have any questions, I would be happy to try and answer them for you.

Congratulations on your weight loss!
Old 01-15-2005, 04:37 PM   #4  

Talking New Here

Hi everyone. My name is Jenn and I am 18 years old. I hope to lose my goal weight by December of this year. There have been so many factors in gaining this much weight. And I can only hope that I can lose it as fast as I have gained it.

Most of the exercise I do comes from either work, or going to the track near my house, and also walking the boardwalk.

I would like to do this the correct and healthy way. Recently my friend, who was my main source of support, started smoking to suppress her appetite. That is not the way that I want to do it and I am hoping to find support here. ~ Jenn

Old 01-15-2005, 05:05 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Jenn--I had to comment on your post. You are one smart girl to know that smoking to suppress hunger is not the answer. I'm proud that you realize that! Being a smoker myself....it will suppress hunger...but not for long. I still have to deal with trying to lose weight and now I have to focus on trying to quit smoking! Starting up smoking will only add to struggles. So good for you for being smart and wanting to do it the healthy way!!

Karin--Welcome to you too! I'm a almost (on the 19th)34 yr old mom w/a DD10. I hope that you have found this place to be of great help w/support and encouragement.

To all three of you, Jenn, Tracy, & Karin--You are all more than welcome to PM me anytime you would like to talk or you can join me where I'm usually posting: w/the Jaded Ladies. We talk about everything not just weight loss. So you're more than welcome to join us.

Talk to you all more later.
Closed Thread