Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 11:15 PM   #1  

Default SAHM of 3, Military Wife looking for buddy

Hi my name is Mary. I am a SAHM of 3 kids, 1 girl (9yr.) 2 boys (7yr. & 3yr.) My husband is in the Coast Guard and is gone more than he is home. I could really use a buddy. I would love to lose 20 pounds. I am doing Dr. PHil's The ultimate weight solution program. If anyone is interested please let me know.
Mary
Old 01-11-2005, 01:43 AM   #2  

Hi Mary. I am also a military sahm. DH is air force and is going tdy for 4 months soon. I want to look HOT when he comes home.

I am doing a program from beachbody that I love and had great success with last year before our last PCS. If you want/need a buddy I am always around to encourage and inspire!

I also have a thread I started today.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:21 PM   #3  

Default buddies

Hi,
I found your other thread and responsed to it. I would love to be your buddy. Hopefully we can encourage and inspire each other. My husband is prior Air Force (7 Years) but he was told to be prepared for at least 220 days of being gone every year so he decided to cross over to Coast Guard. Now (he is on a C-130 not the boats) he is gone about two weeks out of the month unless it is for school then could be longer. I can live with that.

I would like to lose about 20 pounds in the next 5 months. We have orders to Kodiak Alaska and would love to be fit when we go there. I want to be able to go hiking and sightseeing without getting winded real fast.

I exercise 5-6 days a week as well, I drink 10 glasses of water of day. I do very well as far my eating goes during the week but weekends are a different story. We go out to eat every Saturday so I just need to learn to make better choices.

My goals for the next 5 months are:
1. drink my water daily
2. exercise at least 5 days a week
3. make better food choices

Mary
Old 01-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #4  

Mary...

Kodiak huh? Wow that will be fun. I am still new to Alaska so unless it Kodiak Island (will all the Kodiak bears) I am not sure where that is.

Where I am (anchorage area) there are hiking trails galor and most of them are going UP! It can get very tiring if ones not in shape (trust me on this )

I suck in regards to water. I did so good last year while DH was PCSed to Korea that I ate chicken, veggies and tuna only and drank only water or oj. But he came back and well that menu just won't work for him LOL. And since then I have not been able to get back on my just water kick. I have no issues with exercise as I have a great program I do. My diet is my issue and no matter how hard I work out it won't counter the bad diet. Ehhh it will be my thing to work on changing one thing at a time. I have great moral support a different site I go too but never can have enough in my opinion.

Karen
Old 01-11-2005, 04:23 PM   #5  

Hi Karen,
It is Kodiak Island. The Coast Guard wives that I know from there loved it, so I am hoping I will to. I must admit the bear thing doesn't thrill me to much though. I am on several different groups as well but I am more of a lurker. I do fine when my husband is gone as well. Thankfully he is a big veggie eater and not much on carbs so that helps. I try to make a protein (roast, chicken or fish) and a salad for dinner. I throw in another veggie (broc-my kids favorite, green beans) to go with it. Lunch for me is pretty basic a salad with halibut or tuna. Breakfast is oatmeal. I tend to make the same things for the most part.

Mary
Old 01-14-2005, 02:01 PM   #6  

Mary....I just wanted to post to you. I can still support you and give your encouragement, but I just found I am pregnant so I will not be working out to lose weight.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:33 PM   #7  

Congratulations. I can totally understand not exercising to lose weight. Thanks for letting me know. I hope your not having to much morning sickness. I remember those days and don't miss them.
Mary
Closed Thread