Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 01:40 AM   #1  

Red face can we talk?

Hi everyone! Happy new year. my goal in the year 2005 is to become a healthier person. I'am 30 years old and about 75 pounds over weight. I'am married to a man who can eat any thing he want's and never gains a pound. He is very supportive but he doesn't understand what I'm going through. I'm looking to find a few people who wan't some support as well as wan't to give it. It is much easier to get through this with friends. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya V. You'll find a whole raft of people here who have significant others in their lives who have no idea how hard it is to lose weight. You might like to flick through the forums and thread and see if there is anyone thread there that fits your lifestyle - for example in these forums, there are Diet threads (Weight watchers, South Beach, Sugarbusters, Atkins), forums dealing with medical conditions, plain support groups and Homemaker ones. You'll find great people and lovely new friends in all of them. Them there are the journals. You can add a post everyday stating what you are doing, what exercise you have done, what food you have had. People comment in your journal if you ask for help or need a particular type of information. There is always someone who knows the answer.

Good luck with your weight journey. It's a tough old road, but can be made a bit easier with friends. I post on a thread called Around the world with 80 chicks. There aren't 80 of us, but we make enough noise for that. You are welcome to drop in, say hello, hang about a bit or move on as you wish. We have a challenge going at the moment - thats what my signature is all about - those who have pledged to give up something and exercise with weights for a week, maybe we will carry it on after the end of the week. Maybe not. Maybe we will think of something else to do to try to push the pounds away.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:06 PM   #3  

HI V.
I'm new here too. If you need someone to talk to you can pm anytime you want. I'm a single mom with two wonderful childern. I also need to lose about 75 pounds and am trying really hard to do that. I have lost eight pounds and am looking forward to losing more but taking it one day at a time. Let me know if you want to talk.
Closed Thread