3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 03:07 PM   #1
Determined

Default Livejournal Weightloss Chat Buddies

Hey wonderful people I'm looking for some friends to "chat" with on the blogging site Http://www.livejournal.com .

I'm looking for some people to discuss every day weightloss issues or feelings/obstacles, rants - anything with. I would post about them on the board but I'd feel that it would be a lot of ranting and would take up too much space.

So if any of you are livejournal users and would like to post about things other than just keeping track of food intake/workout/lbs - let me know! I would love some people to rant and rave with.

I'm 300+ (as you can see in my signature) so my issues may be a little more extreme or more "dramatic" or more negative - anything than what may be expected of those who are at a lower weight, so I'm warning that what I post may be considered negative - but I'm also very upbeat.

Hope that all makes sense! Post or PM me if you'd like to become livejournal friends
Old 11-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #2

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up Life is Hard, Food is easy

I took a look at your livejournal page...
Check out this book by Linda Spangle I am reading.

Life Is Hard, Food Is Easy: The 5-Step Plan to Overcome Emotional Eating and Lose Weight on Any Diet

Amazon.com summary:
She writes insightfully of the ways people interact emotionally with food, and includes first-person confessionals from her clients; by turns poignant ("eating helps me stop thinking about how much I hate my life" says one lost soul) and lascivious ("I pull out a stack of curved golden morsels" writes a woman on a Pringles binge, who finds the munching sounds "soothing, like water lapping softly on the beach"), these attest to food's psychic power.

But her tips are sometimes silly ("Pound on your pillow until your arms are too tired to lift food to your mouth") and her five-step-plan to combat cravings (which, with some practice, you can "flash through" in "less than a minute") can seem inadequate to deal with the emotional traumas she feels are at the root of obesity.
Copyright 2002 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:31 PM   #3
Determined

thanks for the book suggestion