Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 03:06 PM   #1  

Default Hello :o)

Hi!

I'm new here so let me introduce myself. I'm Edie, female, 36 years old and live in Oregon, USA. I'm the single mother of a 16 year old daughter and I work at a call center. Five months ago I woke up in the middle of the night with chest pains. I knew it was heartburn but it was pretty scary because it hurt enough that I wondered if it was heartburn or a heart attack. It got me to thinking and I realized that I was 160 pounds overweight and a smoker with unmedicated high blood pressure and that I really could keel over dead in the middle of the night and my kid would find me dead in the morning. So when I woke up the next day I threw away the pack of cigs I'd just bought and after work I went grocery shopping for some decent food and I started exercising. As of the 1st (i do my weight and measurements on the 1st of every month) I was 5 months smoke free, 78 pounds and 45.5 inches smaller. I'd like to lose 77 more pounds and I really think I can do it! Oh and in 3 pounds I'll be under 200 which I haven't been since I was 20 or so

I'm glad I found this place. It would be nice to have somewhere to share this experience with people who understand the ups and downs. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Last edited by chaoticfish; 11-03-2004 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:24 PM   #2  
i luv my dog!

Hi Fish - congrats on your new lifestyle choices, and the weight loss. So good that you "woke up" in more ways than one.

There are lots of helpful folks around here and plenty of info on different healthy eating programs, plus different groups with common interests. I'm sure you'll find a "home" soon.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:45 PM   #3  
it's always something

That's an inspiring story! I'm sure you'll make it to goal, and we're all glad to do anything to help you get there

Welcome to 3FC!
Old 11-03-2004, 06:09 PM   #4  
MrsSandysHouse.com

S/C/G: 212.5/212.5/130ish

Height: 5'7

Default Welcome!

Hi Fish~

Welcome. It's so nice to *meet* you! Congrats on the weight loss! Your before & afters are unbelievable!!!!!! You look awesome! Good for you, Girl! Tell us, how did you do it; what diet/excersise program? Think about how much more you will lose in another 6 months at this pace

I weigh 200 also and HATE the "weigh" I look . Of course, I haven't been trying as hard as you either.

Let me know how you did it!!

Sandy
Old 11-03-2004, 08:24 PM   #5  

Thanks to everyone for such a lovely welcome

Dying2lose... I'm not doing any particular program. I try to avoid fat but pretty much eat what I want... but only eat about 1200 cals a day. I walk for an hour every evening and try to ride my stationary bike at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes. I lift some small weights, nothing serious just trying to tone up a bit to avoid sagginess. I also drink LOTS of water. I'm convinced this helps with weightloss and also tricks me into feeling full.

I know! I have 8 months til summer and I fully expect to be able to wear shorts for the first time since I was a kid! That will be wonderful.

I hated the way I looked and felt too. That in turn made me eat MORE. Now that I'm finally doing it though I find it gets easier to follow. I think thats because I've accepted that this isn't a "diet" that I'll be able to stop when I'm at my goal weight. I'll have to continue eating and exercising this way forever. And that's ok with me now. I don't feel deprived anymore and when I let myself eat what I want twice a month it's a real treat now instead of just being another meal
Old 11-04-2004, 09:45 PM   #6  

Default What a super story!

I loved your testimonial -- it's proof that once you are "really" ready in your heart and mind to change yourself, it happens almost on its own. Quitting smoking and losing weight at the same time is always supposed to be so hard -- you are obviously done with that part of your life. I've never smoked but lost over 70 pounds on my own ( a bit more slowly) and have 40 to go. If it's what we want, we'll have it!
Closed Thread