Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 04:34 PM   #1  

Default New in Texas & looking for a buddy!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Kerri, 28 y/o, female. I work long hours as a nurse and don't get home until after 6 every evening, so I've always had grand excuses for not exercising. That ol' office "Spread" has really hit my rear end.

I'm looking into joining Curves next week and am starting a healthy eating and drinking (No more Dr. Pepper!!) regimen right NOW. I have an almost 9 year old daughter and it's time to lose weight. No longer can I blame it on the baby weight gain!! I want to be healthy and happy and thinner!! There are so many great stories here and I've spotted a lot of great successes too. I can't help but join in! I've been wanting to do this for a long time now, and I finally AM.

But I'm just looking for a buddy (or 2 or 3 or 4!!) to motivate me and I in return. I want to lose a LOT. Looking at a goal weight of about 180 or 190, so that's about 150 or 160 lbs.

Can't wait to do it and succeed!

~Kerri

Last edited by ~Kerri~; 11-01-2004 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:57 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Hello and Welcome Kerri!!

You have come to a very supportive and wonderful place. There are so many wonderful people here who all support each other, root for one another, and lend a shoulder to cry on when we need it.

Just browse around and find a good spot that you feel good about and start posting...you will never be turned away. We all greet everyone with open arms!

You're more than welcome to join me at the Jaded Ladies Forum where there are many lovely ladies who care so much about each and everyone. Actually you'll find that in any forum on this site!!

I wish you the best and hope that you reach your goals!

Once again Welcome!
Old 11-02-2004, 09:42 PM   #3  

Hello Kerri I am also new, from Texas, and know all to well about the office spread. Since I started my sit down job I have gained 25lbs. hopefully we will both find the extra encouragement we need to keep ourselves going on the path to a healthier lifestyle.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:35 PM   #4  

Hi Kerri! My name is Lisa and I'm also new here and I just finished posting a thread that I'm looking for a buddy (ittybit71). I live in Round Rock and have a 7 yr. old little boy. So yeah, the "baby fat" excuse isn't really working anymore! lol. I'm 5'3" and I weigh 205lbs right now. I'd like to get down to 140lbs. I just started doing the southbeach diet (again) a week ago. I made it through the week, but the weekends are hard! I do pretty well during the day, but I find myself cheating at night... Help! I hate dieting. I also have a terrible addiction to Starbucks! LOL I do have the whole exercise thing going on though. I started walking when my son was a year old, and now I walk everyday on my lunch hour Mon-Fri and on the weekends I do tae-bo and/or pilates. If I can find the time, I do a few harder workouts during the week too, besides the walking. Since I work full-time and go to school part-time that doesn't always happen. Anyway, I'd love to be a motivator!

Lisa

Starting weight- 210lbs Current weight- 205lbs.

Last edited by ittybit71; 11-09-2004 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:45 PM   #5  

Wink New to 3fc also - and in Texas looking for a buddy/or buddies trying to loose 100

I am new to this and looking for a buddy or buddies - I am working on loosing close to 100 lbs or more .....did lowfat for a while got away from it and have gained 10 lbs back had almost lost 20. Thinking of trying sugar busters as my mom is diabetic and I know the important of cutting sugar. I have the old sugar busters book - not sure how adaptable it is to using for meals for the whole family........

Blessings,
Lisa
N. Tx.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:13 PM   #6  
my dad made me1 from wood

hey ittybit71
I live in georgetown, tx. We live so close together hehe....
Old 12-02-2004, 11:46 PM   #7  
Go, Banana!

hi kerri im in south austin! the more sisters the better!!!!!
Old 12-05-2004, 10:30 AM   #8  

Kerri, I'm also in Texas and looking for a buddy. Since I'm new to this 3fatchicks I'm trying to learn my way around this site. How does this buddy thing work? We can buddy up to become 2 healthy chicks in Texas .
Closed Thread