Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 05:30 AM   #1  

Default New and needing a change

Greetings all

Just a short intro

Im in need of a change and seeking motivation. I weighed in last month at 292 lbs. I have 2 beautiful daughters. The youngest is 9 months old. I have a mitral valve prolapse and do not want my heart to be an issue with my health. I have no energy to do much of anything, and want to be able to be healthy for me and my girls.
I began doing vinyasa yoga about 10 minutes daily for a month, then somehow I lost my motivation to keep going, even though I began to feel a change in energy. I really want to eat better. I didnt grow up with parents who ate healthy so Iam very lost on how to eat right. Hopefully by reading alot here I can pick up some tips on how to change things for the better. Im generally a lurker type, although I do have some initial questions I'll post elsewhere.
Thank you.....Blessings to you all!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:31 AM   #2  

Welcome Oak Moon. I can imagine you with your two beautiful daughters. Nine months is such a wonderful age. Working toward a slimmer you is not only a gift to yourself but a health gift to your daughters as you'll be imparting the knowledge and habits of good health.

It's such a battle, that's why I'm visiting this site so often. I can't get enough encouragement. I'm trying to make a lifestyle change rather than diet. I'm trying to eat healthy foods, count calories so I'm eating a bit less than I need so I lose weight (good calorie counters online and good books at the store) and exercise as often as I can.

I wish you luck. I was thinking the other day that the fact that I have to face this "mountain" of being a fat person is an obstacle, if overcome, that can make me a stronger and more loving person. To fight the fat we really have to be counter culture as the messages of the culture are either putting us down or enticing us to be unhealthy. I find that the culture out there is not particularly supportive of mothers too.

Anyways - I think knowing it's a battle and it's hard and there are rewards for overcoming the obstacle helps. Good luck!

sw210/cw205/gw150
Old 08-26-2004, 03:58 PM   #3  

oak moon hope you will not stay a lurker and post often. I'm new too but I've found that even if I only have the time to check in once a day it's the most important part of my day. And helps me stay on track. It's just knowing that we are all here for eachother.
sw292/cw290/gw150
Closed Thread