Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 08:39 PM   #1  

Talking Another Newbie!!!

Hey everyone!! I'm new to these boards, but not new to the roller coaster of trying to lose weight!! I've been trying to find a good group to get into where I can offer my support and knowledge that I've learned while trying to lose weight, as well as to meet others who can offer me advice and help me keep my butt in gear!!! lol

My BF and I have been talking for months (isn't that how it always is ?? lol) about trying to lose weight, or at least start eating healthier again .. it's been tough, however, because we work somewhat opposite shifts and it's hard for us to actually eat meals together at times due to our sleep habits. (they're awful! lol) We've finally decided that it's time for us to start cooking at home more, and at least try to get one meal/day in together (except thursdays when we're both home opposite times lol) and to start keeping meals/snacks in the fridge that are healthier for us than chips or mcdonalds! He's really only looking to lose about another 10 pounds, but also wants to just be healthier, and tone up ... I've already lost about 65 pounds with weight watchers combined with getting divorced 2 years ago lol...I've kept most of it off except for maybe 5 or 10 pounds, but I'm wanting to lose another 35-40 pounds .... not so much that I'm wanting to get to a goal weight, as I am a "goal-look" ... at least to look a bit healthier, and be more toned up. I fluxuate in size from 11 - 15 (juniors/womens sometimes), usually wear a Large, occasionally Med or XL depending on the style, and am hoping to get into a size 8 ... or somewhere around there. I want to LOOK healthy though, so if I get to a steady size 10 or 150 pounds or something then I'll be happy with that. For now, my goal is to get to about 135-140 pounds or so, and if I'm happy at that weight, then I'll work on just maintaining after that.

Well, now that I've written a novel (something you'll notice I become known for quickly! lol) I'll close this and lurk around a bit more!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and joining you on your weight loss journies. If anyone's interested in being weight-loss/exercise buddies, I'd love that!!

Best of luck to you all!!! Happy Losing!!
Old 08-23-2004, 07:59 AM   #2  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Welcome Hockeyclik, this is a great site. I am a member of many weight loss site. But, this is the first one I feel comforable in. I have no problem posting. The others I do. There are just to many chiqcs(sp). Anyway. I like what you said, not a goal weight, but, a goal look. That is something to life by. I haven't been doing so good on my plans of attack, but, I am ok with it. So, I am not going to beat myself up over it. Working different hours can be real tough. We are here to help you through those times. Well, enjoy and have a great day. Talk to you later.
Chipper
Old 08-23-2004, 09:09 AM   #3  
Princess In Training

WELCOME!!!!

You're off to a great start if you have lost (and more or less maintained) a 65 pound loss!! Jump right on in!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:36 PM   #4  

Hey!! Thanks ladies!! I lost the 60'ish pounds from about Nov 2001 early fall 2002 I guess ... most of it doing weight watchers, and the rest like I said from stress and not eating much while I was going through my seperation/divorce lol .. however, since I don't have any intentions of breaking up with the BF anytime ever lol, I won't be able to lose weight from that sort of stress ... which means I actually have to WORK to get the rest of this off lol

I look forward to seeing you all around and getting to know ya better!!

Best of luck!
Closed Thread