Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 09:35 PM   #1  

Default 2 years away - ready to try again

After retrieving my username and password, I see it's been 2 years since I logged in to this site! My name is Debbie, I'm 35 years old, and STILL around 265 lbs. at 5 foot 8 inches tall. I think I'm ready to try changing my life again, I'm just so afraid of failing....again. I blame my weight on all the stresses in my life, and I tell myself if I can't change something so basic, how can I possibly handle everything else. I need a buddy, male or female, around my age, who is willing to "be there" electronically, for more than just weight loss support - I, in turn, am glad to be the same "life support" for my buddy. I am starting by just moving my body, getting out of the house and moving around. I really just need one thing in my life I feel I have control over, and I'm hoping to find someone here willing to walk with me one day at a time, and celebrate all our accomplishements, no matter how small, together.

Thanks for listening, and thanks for this forum.
debbers

265/265/155
Old 08-16-2004, 02:30 AM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back Debbers!!

Keep on posting and updating us with all that you're doing and we will all support you and cheer you on!!

You will find (as I'm sure you already have) that everyone on this site will cheer you on, applaud you when you've reached a goal and will lend you a shoulder when you need to cry. That is what we are all here for...great support and we all appreciate the support we get back.

If you're interested, feel free to visit the Jaded Ladies where I regularly post. I would love to have you join us!!

Hope to hear more from you!!
Old 08-16-2004, 06:34 AM   #3  

Default Weight and Stress are not co related

This is one of the biggest myths. In fact the old English saying should make you aware of it. "Worry keeps you thin". Eating disorders are related to the basic ingredients that your processed foods contain.

Food is addictive because we need to eat. But when you eat for eatings sake which is what most Americans do then the problem is not yours and don't blame yourself for it.

Ever taken the trouble to look around you of late. or over the past decade if ou live in the USA? you see obessity everywhere. Humpty Dumpty incarnates all over. Most are equally lethargic and have settled into a life style of chasing creature comforts and a place to sit or sleep.

And when you get into bed make sure as an adult it is not just to sleep. That too is not healthy. get some exercise going with your partner and lose some of the weight. Its nature's way of handling the problem. But you might find that too rather tirsome and it affects your love life.

Look I rely on the old Vedic scriptures (old Indian teachings of a philosophical nature) to keep me fit and trim. I don't have to punish myslef. I don't eat chicken, pork or beef thats been 'fattened' with the addictive and destructive chemistry of modern industry. And if I do I do not eat it as if it were my last meal.

The most important thing is not to blame yourself. be cautious of Slimmers programmes which take you down to build you up again. It may seem bizzarre or a conspiracy theory, but coffee, sugar (white), Chocolate, and some of the "slimmers" or "diet" drinks, contain the same things that ensure you eat till you explode.

I worked as a legal advisor to large food and beverages manufacturers and thats enough to keep me off the stuff. if it is fast food. I would rather starve.

Ravi
Closed Thread