Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 07:38 AM   #1  
Sparkly Like A Holiday

Talking Newish - would love a YIM healthy lifestyle buddy!! :)

Hi!

I'm newish. I joined a long time ago and hadn't been back in a year. BUT - I've still been busy in that year. As of this morning I'm 69.5 pounds down. 47.5 left to go.

I am not following a diet, but have changed my lifestyle. I eat whatever I want (including *real* ice cream!!) when I want it but 1. limit my serving size and 2. make sure I *really* want it before I eat it. It's been working really well for me and I think it is something I can upkeep for the long haul.

In addition to my eating, I also exercise regularly. I strive for daily but in reality it ends up being 4-5 times/week. I power walk anywhere from 1.5 - 3.1 (5k) miles. My goal through all of this was to walk/run a 5k. I have my 5k path mapped out and when I have the time (hard to find with a 2 year old) I do the 5k path. When I'm more pressed for time I do 1.5 miles. I'm working on getting my times down and am down to a 15.8 minute mile.

I'm also working on body image. I've found that loving myself as I am really helps me work on my body more. I'm very anti-skinny-girl propaganda and am at a point in my life where I am actually happy with myself. (well... minus my hair - I donated 14 inches and miss it so much!! )

I do have some struggles still - Ice Cream - the one food I can't seem to limit my portion size... motivation - I do run out now and again and need to readjust myself... Coke - I just love the stuff... Even the c2 won't do.

I love to chat on Yahoo IM and would love a buddy or 3 who have similar lifesyles or goals as me. It's been a lot of hard work - and slow going - but steady... I'm not a scale fiend but do weigh in regularly (somewhat sporatically - I tend to weigh in when I'm feeling thin ). I mostly measure my success by goal clothes. I have goal jeans and shirts I strive to fit into. My first goal jeans... I could barely pull them over my hips - now they can come off without unbuttoning them!

Other stuff - I have a 2 year old little boy, Brucie... He's a cutie, but I'm biased. I have a husband who's anti-weightloss for himself but mostly supportive of me. However, he works with an ex-marine who makes him power walk with him most days at lunch so... maybe he'll change his mind.

I enjoy dancing, hiking, reading (mysteries, non fiction, chick lit), movies, writing (journalling, forum posts, songs, prose), humor (comedy clubs, sit coms, humorous short stories), chatting , playing with the kidlet, crafts (candlemaking, soapmaking, paper crafts, journalmaking, country crafts, decorative painting, signmaking), spongebob ( I got that one from my son ), homemaking, people, hanging out with friends...

I'm a nursing student and mommie full time. I got my CNA license over the summer and am currently job hunting. I used to be a unit sec on the med/surg ward of the local hospital and am hoping to tech on the same ward.

That about sums me up - there isn't much more I can share there.

I hope to find some buddies and look forward to posting here again.

If you're interested in being a YIM buddy, PM me - we can exchange usernames

Time for some

Toodles!

--zannie
(edited to fix spelling)

Last edited by zannie; 08-15-2004 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:34 AM   #2  
cbeehler

Wow. You are amazing. How do you stick to the plan? I think I am doing great. Then I get on the scale and cry because it hasn't budged. I would like to blame it on a bigger problem. Until I see the scale move I won't believe it isn't. I gained 30 lbs on Zoloft. Stopped it in June and haven't seen a loss yet. I have never had a weight problem before. It is so painful. I can't imagine being over 200. I am at 160 and feel horrible.
God Bless you for your perserverence (sp?) I wish I could just stick to my points for ONE week! Thats it... all I ask. No can do. I just Keep starting over.
Can you tell I am on a sad track this am? I am not always this depressed about it... It comes in waves.
What do you do for exercise?
What diet or food program do you follow and for how long have you been on?
I live in sub. MD.
thanks for writing in. It helps to read others situations.
Sorry to ramble.
Christie
Closed Thread