Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 10:36 AM   #1  
This is it!

Default I would like a buddy.....

This is my first post. I am 39 years old, 5' 8" tall and weigh 290 lbs. I am so afraid I'm going to hit the 300 mark since I've been going up and up for quite some time now. I know I need to do something, but I just can't commit to anything. I've tried just about everything in my life, but lately I've been doing nothing. I know that eating less and exercising more is the answer, for me, and I'd like to find someone with a similar story who is successfully doing this and can help me get started.

I'm married with no children but a wonderful cat. We live in New Hampshire and I work for a small company in the sales department. I love to read, travel, sing and meet new people.

Thanks for reading!

martibetz
Old 07-29-2004, 12:06 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Hello and Welcome--

You've come to a wonderful place for support and encouragement. The people here are absolutely wonderful and give such great advice when you need it, they answer questions if they can, and they put a smile on your face when you need one.

Browsing around and checking out the place will give you a feel of the place and you will find people who are in the same situation (or have been) as you and they could give you all kinds of support. Don't be shy, just pop right in and start posting....no one is ever turned away!

I'm happy that you are here and hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.

Take Care and Welcome

Marti
Old 07-29-2004, 03:46 PM   #3  
This is it!

Thanks for the kind welcome, Marti!
Old 07-29-2004, 09:59 PM   #4  

Hello and welcome to this wonderful site. Like Marti said this is a wonderful place with lots of caring and compassionate people, we have all been there so we can all relate at one level or another. If you are having trouble comitting, try taking baby steps and change one behavior at a time instead of trying to make a lot of changes at once, it doesn't have to be anything major, just change one small thing at a time. Good Luck and God Bless.

Hello Marti.
Closed Thread