Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 03:03 PM   #1  
RosieKate

Default New to 3FC - from Portland, OR

Just wanted to say "hi" and try posting for the first time. I've been working on losing baby pounds and it has been slow going. I look forward to participating in these forums. Right now, my DD is screaming so have to run, but will return to introduce myself a little more.
Ciao - Katy

Old 04-17-2004, 03:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3FC Katy!!! Im sure you'll feel at home here it is a great group of people here and they have helped me a lot already, I hope you find the support you need here Have you decided on a Plan yet? How bout exercise have you decided what you'll do for activity?
I hope to get to know you better Just stick to your commitment and your weight loss journey will move along smoothly

Take Care!!
Old 04-17-2004, 03:54 PM   #3  
RosieKate

I'm back

Managing my weight has always been a struggle as I tend to eat for emotional reasons. When the going gets tough, I hit the fridge. I gave up restricted calorie diets back in the '80s and have focused my efforts since on healthy eating and exercise. I do a pretty good job of keeping healthy foods around, but slip up by eating too large amounts, and for the wrong reasons as mentioned.
After DS was born 7.5 years ago I joined TOPS and belonged for 3+ years, was even a board member twice. It was a good experience at the time, and I lost all the baby pounds and then some, but I quit when I became pregnant with my DD (who is now 2). I don't have the time to get away for a weekly meeting, and I just really feel that I need a new type of environment to get and give support. Don't get me wrong, TOPS is a really great organization, but I think I need to work on my emotional bad habits with regard to eating, and the TOPS groups I belonged to were mostly focused on the things I do well already ie, nutrition and exercise education.
To be frank, I also need to work on my lifestyle issues on the cheap. I am grateful for this forum. I currently have a walking and weight training program that I carry out at home, and I use FitDay to track foods and my weekly weigh-in. Now I have a place to check out for some encouraging words, so I thank everyone in advance. I hope to also be a source of encouragement, so if anyone is looking for a buddy and I sound like someone who could help - drop me a line!
K

Old 04-17-2004, 04:01 PM   #4  
RosieKate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleRae
Welcome to 3FC Katy!!! Im sure you'll feel at home here it is a great group of people here and they have helped me a lot already, I hope you find the support you need here Have you decided on a Plan yet? How bout exercise have you decided what you'll do for activity?
I hope to get to know you better Just stick to your commitment and your weight loss journey will move along smoothly

Take Care!!
Thank you! As far as plans go, I kind of use the Zone block method for balancing my protein, carbs, and fats. I modify it with suggestions from the writings of Dr. Andrew Weil. I also track calories and take vitamin supplements as recommended in Dr. Weil's books. If I were a diehard Zoner, I shouldn't have to do that, but I do modify to include some pastas and you know I just have to have my homemade sourdough bread and pancakes every so often!
I see there is Dr. Phil board and I might start out there as I have read the book and found his suggestions for handling the emotional aspects of eating to be helpful - need to work on that no-fail environment!

Old 04-19-2004, 01:16 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Hello and welcome!!

I seen that you're from Oregon and I just had to welcome you!!

I think your current program that you're doing sounds wonderful and that you'll do a fantastic job. You will find all kinds of support and encouragement here at 3fc. Take a look around and browse a bit and visit some of the places that you find of interest, you will be more than welcomed!! (plus, you will see lots of people from Porland Oregon)

I currently post with the Jaded Ladies whom are all wonderful! We have three of us who are from Oregon, one who lives in Portland. We talk about anything and everything on top of weightloss. We all would love to see you pop in to join us, or just to say hi.

I wish you luck in your weightloss journey and here is another Welcome to 3FC!!

Marti
Old 04-19-2004, 11:59 AM   #6  
RosieKate

Thanks M.N.J. - I'll check it out!

Old 04-19-2004, 04:13 PM   #7  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Hello fellow Oregonian and welcome!
Old 04-19-2004, 10:52 PM   #8  

Hey There,
I know about gaining weight. I had six kids of my own. I'm now 55 and still trying to lose baby weight. Hang in there and you will do it.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:35 PM   #9  
RosieKate

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! As you can see by my sig, I started with a gain But this week is off to a good start and I'm enjoying this site

Katy

Old 04-20-2004, 03:38 PM   #10  

HI! Looks like several of us from the same area, I live south of Eugene in
a little town called Creswell. My first day too! Good luck!
Pam
Old 04-22-2004, 09:28 PM   #11  
RosieKate

Hi Pam! - My brother lives in Eugene

Closed Thread